While we just got a hefty DOOM Eternal update yesterday that ushered in the Update 1 content, it unfortunately broke something in the process too. Thankfully, id Software has worked fast, as DOOM Eternal update 1.04 is out now and as one might expect, it’s for fixes more than anything else.
DOOM Eternal update 1.04 patch notes:
Per Bethesda, this DOOM Eternal update 1.04 is for a Battlemode party matchmaking fix. Players should no longer experience crashing on match search at the end of matches.
Basically, that’s it. Speaking of Battlemode, here’s a look at the new stuff for the multiplayer mode introduced yesteryday:
BATTLEMODE Quality-of-Life Updates for ALL platforms
- BATTLEMODE Tutorials are now required for first-time players when entering the mode
- Added functionality to take disciplinary action against players who exploit BATTLEMODE by prematurely exiting matches or are abusive on voice chat
- BATTLEMODE Death Report Deaths in BATTLEMODE now display a damage report showing players exactly what killed them
- New Indicator for Healing Demon Players New FX display under player headers in BATTLEMODE when they are actively healing. This is visible to all players.
- New Messaging in BATTLEMODE has been added to improve the clarity of server and lobby states
New Network Icons in BATTLEMODE will display when network conditions introduce latency or packet loss. The Network Icons are as follows:
- Latency Variation : Your latency is fluctuating inconsistently, which will cause intermittent lag (see High Latency)
- High Latency : The time it takes for data to travel between you and the server is high. Also referred to as a high “ping”, and results in lag.
- Packet Loss : Higher packet loss means more data is being lost between you and the server.
You can check out the other changes from yesterday’s big update right here.