In case you didn’t know, Bethesda surprised DOOM Eternal players this week by announcing that The Ancient Gods Part 2 DLC is available today! The DOOM Eternal update 1.14 March 18 patch is now out, and this brings the DLC into the fold!
DOOM Eternal Update 1.14 March 18 Patch Notes:
Update: Bethesda has released the patch notes for today’s DOOM Eternal patch (Update 5) are now available! Check it out below.
General Updates – for ALL platforms
- New “Racecar” HUD Options
A new, optional feature known as the Reticle Ability Indicator allows you to position icons for certain important mechanics near your reticle so you are able to track when they are ready to use and improve your effectiveness.
- New Weapon Wheel Open Delay (in milliseconds)
Adjust switch weapon versus Weapon Wheel timing based on the button press/hold
New BATTLEMODE Updates for ALL platforms
- Hitting a demon player with a Blood Punch guarantees BFG ammo to drop for the Slayer player
- Glory killing AI will no longer have a chance to drop BFG ammo
- Added NEW Slayer Upgrade – UAC Firepower
- Increases plasma gun damage by 25% and reduces Ballista damage by 50%
- Removed Slayer’s Speed Demon round upgrade – replaced with UAC Firepower upgrade
- Increased Slayer boost duration w/ the Endless Rage power upgrade from 3 to 5 sec
- Removed Master Carve ammo buff – the ammo from that upgrade has been added to the Slayer’s base kit
FISTS OF FURY
- Blood Punch charge is given on round start after acquiring Fists of Fury
- Cooldown reduction added to Bonus Boom upgrade
- Slayer melee damage to player demons is now only 1 damage
- Removed Loot Block cooldown reduction from Tactician upgrade for demon players (cooldown is now a consistent 40 sec)
- Loot Block duration increased from 3 to 3.5 sec
- BFG ammo is no longer affected by Loot Block
- Behavior has been changed to heal-over-time instead of instant heal
- 8 sec duration – No change in heal percentages – still 30% on PC and 20% on Console
- Noxious Hazard ability damage no longer stacks when two are placed on top of a Slayer player
- Demon respawn protection increased from 3 to 5 sec
BATTLEMODE Fixes for ALL platforms
- Fixed an issue in which the Slayer could fire the Full Auto Mod and Sticky Bomb Mod at the same time
- Fixed a bug where vacuumed health drops that were not picked up turned invisible but remained active
- Fixed an issue that allowed the Archvile to place the Flame Wall on top of the Slayer
- Fixed a bug where the Extinction Level Slayer Milestone did not track when demon players were killed with the BFG
Campaign Fixes for ALL platforms
- Fixed a bug where reloading a checkpoint or exiting to the Main Menu shortly after unlocking Fast Travel for any level resulted in Fast Travel becoming unavailable.
Known Issues – ALL platforms
- ModBot – the Slayer animates for current equipped mod, not for what is acquired, then doesn’t switch to new mod. This issue will be fixed in an upcoming update. In the interim, manually equip the new mod as a workaround.
- VFX persist when killed while under the effects of Team Heal
- The Slayer can burn a Chainsaw pip when attempting to use the Chainsaw on a ledge-grabbing demon
- The Revenant’s lasers may persist in third person after firing a Rocket Barrage
Known Issues – PC Only
- Skyboxes appear grainy on the AMD Vega 56 GPU
- For best performance on the NVIDIA GTX 1650 GPU, use driver version 457.51 (you can download them from NVIDIA here)
- Players using an NVIDIA GTX 1050i may experience a black flickering effect when playing with V-Sync set to “Triple Buffering” or “On”. If encountered, use a different V-Sync setting as a workaround.
- The Archvile’s Flame Wall upgrade may not consistently produce fireballs when taking fire from the Slayer
No official changelog from id Software regarding today’s patch has been released yet, though that should change in a few hours’ time. That said, we’ve listed the new stuff incoming with The Ancient Gods Part 2, which includes new achievements to earn!
Face Hell’s armies in never-before-seen locations. From the ruins of ancient Sentinel settlements and the cosmic wonders of the World Spear, to a devastated and overgrown city on Earth hiding a mysterious gateway, to the last bastion of the Dark Lord protected by towering walls and powered by advanced technology.
Prepare to fight deadly new variations of demons, including the powerful new Armored Baron, the stalwart Stone Imp, the venomous Cursed Prowler, and the new Screecher zombie who empowers nearby demons when killed.
We’re assuming that id Software included some gameplay-related changes and fixes to this title update even for those who didn’t buy the DLC or the Year One Pass. Once we know more, we’ll update the post
Update: The official patch notes have been released and we’ve updated the post accordingly. If you want to see all the new stuff (cosmetics, etc.) head on over here.