Arc System Works has released Dragon Ball FighterZ update 1.28, and this includes a host of fighter balance changes, gameplay-related tweaks and loads more! The developers gave us a sneak peek at this earlier during the devstream, and this DB FighterZ update is live now.
Dragon Ball FighterZ Update 1.28 Patch Notes | DB FighterZ Update 1.28 Patch Notes:
– Z Changes can now be performed from special moves. These Z changes have different properties from Normal Z Changes.
Guard Cancel Change
– Can now be used in the air.
Guard Cancel Vanish
– You can now spend 2 bars of Ki to perform a guard cancel vanish with right arrow + medium attack + heavy attack during blockstun.
– You can now perform a dragon rush with a medium attack during Ki Charge
– Now deflects Ki Blasts from the beginning of the move You can now perform the move after guarding a Ki blast.
– The effect of sparkling blast will no longer run out when the opponent is damaged during limit breaking power.
Z Assist – Removed the chip damage caused by some Z assists
Z Assist (C type) – Lengthened cooldown time needed before next usage
Vanish – Now invincible from the beginning of the movie if the opponent is performing a vanish
Powered-Up Special Moves
– KI Gauge increase scaling is now only dependent on time, not the opponent’s status
– Lengthened time during which ki gauge increase scaling applies
– When in the air from anything other than a normal Jump, the character will now be treated as if they just did a high jump.
High jumps – In addition to the usual input, a high jump can now also be performed by jumping while holding the unique attack button
Super Attack Scaling – Reduced damage scaling for attacks performed after super attacks (Excluding ULtimate Z Changes)
Jumping Heavy Attack – The opponent is now knocked forward when there is a camera motion. — Fixed an issue in which some characters could earn a Dragon Ball under certain conditions without performing a super combo.
Crouching Heavy Attack (Some Characters) – Increased Attack Active Frames
– Lengthened time during which the movie is invincible to jumping attacks
Deflecting Ki Blasts – When moves other than Super Dash and Z reflect Deflect Ki Blasts, They now allow other moves to be performed like with super dash and Z reflect
If there are other changes not included in this patch that’s part of the update that we find out, we’ll update the post.