Mojang has released the big update Minecraft fans have been looking forward to, and that’s none other than the Nether Update! While the studio calls this the 1.16 Nether Update, console gamers will see this as the Minecraft update 2.07 June 23 patch. Read on below for notes, trailer and more.
Minecraft update 2.07 June 23 patch notes (Nether Update patch notes):
- Naturally hostile towards the player unless the player is wearing at least one piece of gold armor.
- Even if the player wears gold armor, piglins will become aggravated towards the player if they open a chest or shulker box near the piglin even if blocks are blocking their view.
- Can spawn wielding gold swords or crossbows.
- Can barter with the player.
- Piglins will attack wither skeletons if in a group.
- They will not be replacing zombie pigmen (confirmed by Mojang).
- Driven Away by all soul fire blocks which include soul lanterns, soul torches, soul campfires, and soul fire. Piglins are also scared of zombified piglins and Zoglins.
- Naturally hostile towards the player.
- Attacks by throwing its enemies up into the air using its tusks similar to an Iron Golem.
- Appears to have a higher melee range than most mobs.
- Can be bred with crimson fungus and used as a source of food in the Nether.
- Drops leather and raw porkchops.
- Previously known as the “piglin beast”, soon changed to “Hoglin” by the community.
- When bred using crimson fungus, they will produce baby hoglins.
- Will avoid warped fungus due to its smell.
- Will avoid Nether Portals, probably due to the fear of being transformed into a Zoglin.
- Able to be affected by Fire and Lava damage.
- Are the only breedable hostile mob.
- Are attracted to warped fungus.
- First passive mob to spawn in the Nether.
- Spawns on lava lakes.
- Able to Walk on top of lava.
- Are immune to fire and lava damage.
- Are breedable with warped fungus and are ridable with a saddle and a Warped Fungus on a Stick.
- The color turns to a shade of blue, starts to shiver, and becomes slower when outside of lava.
- If it touches any form of water (water sources, flowing water, rain) it will take damage.
- Immune to Lava and Fire damage.
- Has the same attack as the Hoglin.
- Attacks all other mobs regardless of their aggressiveness.
- Spawned when a hoglin stays in the overworld for too long similar to Piglins.
- Sometimes scares away piglins similar to zombified piglins.
- Ignores warped fungus and cannot be bred by the player.
- Can be used to craft the best tools and armor in the game by putting a diamond armor or tool with a Netherite Ingot in a smithing table.
- Can also craft a block of Netherite and vice versa.
- Crafted from Netherite scraps which are smelted from ancient debris.
- Can float on lava so you don’t lose items.
- Is crafted from 4 Netherite Scrap’s and 4 gold ingots.
- Made after smelting ancient debris in a furnace, blast furnace, or smoker.
- If the player puts 4 pieces of Netherite scrap and 4 pieces of gold in a crafting grid it will make one Netherite ingot.
Soul Speed Enchanted Book
- Enchants Boots.
- Allows for the player to run faster on soul sand and soul soil.
- Allows for up to 3 levels of enchantment on the boots without using commands.
- Makes a new particle while the player is running on Soul Sand or Soul Soil.
- This compass will work in any dimension.
- This compass will point to the Lodestone it’s linked with.
- Crafted with a Warped Fungus and a Fishing Rod.
- Are used to direct Striders while riding.
- Striders will also be attracted to it.
- Can only be found in bastion remnants.
- Song composed by Lena Raine.
- Its color is uniquely red, perhaps reflecting the fact that it comes from the Nether instead of the Overworld.
- Can also only be found in bastion remnants.
- Was renamed from the piglin banner pattern to snout.
- Acts the same as regular fire.
- Deals double the damage of regular fire per second.
- Fire lit on soul soil will turn blue.
- It generates naturally in the soul sand valley biome in the Nether.
- It currently does not melt snow and ice.
- It does not burn wood.
- Gives a light level of 10 instead of 15 from regular fire.
- This block has the ability to scare away piglins.
- Functions exactly like a normal Campfire, except that it gives a light level of 10 instead of 15 from a regular campfire.
- The Soul Torch can scare away Piglins.
- The Soul Torch produces less light than normal Torches.
- The Soul Torch acts the same as a regular Torch, except that it gives a light level of 10 instead of 14 from a regular torch.
- The Soul Lantern acts the same as a regular Lantern.
- The Soul Lantern can scare away Piglins.
- The Soul Lantern produces less light than a normal Lantern.
- Generated in the warped forest & crimson forest.
- Generated in the warped forest & crimson forest.
- Two new types of fungus will be added to the warped forest & the crimson forest. One is teal with orange spots and the other is pinkish-red with a brain-like pattern.
- It grows the warped/crimson Trees in the warped Forest & crimson forest.
A variation of the Nether wart block.
- Generates in the warped forest.
- Along with the Nether wart block, it can now be easily mined with hoes.
- Veiny looking blocks that comprise trunks on the huge warped/crimson fungi in the crimson forest & warped forest.
- Can be stripped to produce Stripped Warped and Crimson Stems.
- Resemble Warped & Crimson stems, but with the “bark” on all sides.
- Can be stripped with an axe.
- Is crafted with 4 of either stem to create its corresponding Hyphae.
- Resembles grass blocks.
- Grows on top of Netherrack.
- Comes in red and blue.
- Grass of the Warped and Crimson forest.
- Can reproduce using bone meal on netherrack next to nylium.
- Resembles hay bale’s side texture.
- Emits a redstone signal when shot with an arrow.
- Signal is stronger depending on how close the arrow is to the center of the block, up to 15 when the arrow is in the center.
- Advancement “bullseye” is obtained when shot at the exact middle.
- This light-emitting Shroomlight block which closely resembles glowstone can also be seen.
- Appears to compose the spots of fungus.
- This block makes up pillars of basalt.
- Can be crafted to polished basalt.
- Generates when lava comes into contact with blue ice.
- Obtained by crafting normal basalt into polished basalt and is purely decorative.
- Found in basalt deltas.
- Can be crafted into furnaces and stone tools.
- Can be crafted into polished blackstone.
- Is crafted from blackstone.
- Can be crafted into many block variations.
- Is crafted from polished blackstone.
- Is a decoration block.
- Can be crafted from polished blackstone.
- Is a Decoration Block.
- Crafted in a stonecutter with or by crafting four quartz blocks together.
- Cracked Nether Bricks are obtained by smelting Nether Bricks in a Furnace.
- Chiseled Nether Bricks are obtained through a Stonecutter or by crafting two Nether Brick Slabs together.
- Appears almost everywhere in the soul sand valley biome.
- It slightly resembles soul sand.
- Light a fire on a soul soil block to get soul fire.
- Can be crafted into soul torches and soul campfires.
- They grow like kelp and vines.
- They grow in the crimson forest.
- Can be climbed like Twisting Vines, and regular Vines.
- They only grow upward.
- They are climbable just like vines/weeping vines.
- They grow in the warped forest.
- Can be crafted back into Netherite ingots.
- This block can be used as a decoration.
- This block is crafted using nine Netherite ingots.
- This block can be stacked in a pyramid form to power a beacon.
- Can be pushed and pulled by pistons.
- Can be used to craft all wood related items just like regular wood planks (except for boats).
- Does not burn in fire.
- They come in blue or red.
- Can be mined with a diamond pickaxe.
- Is used to make Netherite scraps when smelt.
- Is the second rarest ore. First being emerald ore.
- Can be pushed and pulled by pistons.
- Cannot generate exposed to air.
- Crying obsidian is obtainable by bartering with a piglin.
- Is used to craft a respawn anchor.
- Unlike normal obsidian, it cannot be used to make a Nether portal.
- Unlike normal obsidian, it glows and produces a light level of 9.
- Found in Bastion Remnants.
- Normally drops itself, has a chance to drop gold nuggets when mined.
- Cannot be smelted.
- Is obtainable by mining it in the nether.
- Drops 2-6 gold nuggets when mined by any pickaxe.
- Crafted with crying obsidian.
- Can be used to set spawn points using glowstone as charges.
- A maximum of 4 charges can be set at once, with one charge being depleted each respawn.
- Using it in the Overworld or The End causes it to explode and set fire to surrounding blocks.
- The lodestone is used for compasses to point at that lodestone by interacting with the lodestone, and the lodestone also makes compasses work in other dimensions.
- The Nether will get at least four new biomes:
The soul sand valley includes uncovered fossils, soul sand, large Basalt pillars, blue fog, and soul fire.
The crimson forest is a dense forest with trees made of nether wart blocks and weeping vines.
The warped forest is a variation of the Crimson forest, with warped fungus, twisting vines, and nether roots found on the ground.
The basalt deltas is a volcanic place made up of Basalt and Blackstone on the ground and roof, lava, magma cubes, magma blocks, glowstone, gravel, and mushrooms.
- Pillars in the soul sand valley made of basalt.
- Huge fortifications that are found in the Nether along that were built a long time ago.
- Generate in soul sand valleys, and are comprised of bone blocks.
- Generates in every biome in the Overworld and in The Nether, and are made of Obsidian, Crying Obsidian, and dimension themed Blocks, and these Portals are Nether Portals that are destroyed.
- Zombie Pigman
- Zombie pigmen will be renamed to zombified piglins and will have a new design.
- Can be enchanted with Efficiency, Fortune, and Silk Touch by using an enchantment table.
- Breaks leaves, warped wart blocks, Nether wart blocks, targets, dried kelp blocks, shroomlights, sponges, wet sponges, and haybales faster.
- Now upgrades diamond tools into Netherite tools.
- Can now be enchanted with the curse of vanishing enchantment.
- Added ten new advancements
- Hidden in the Depths – obtain ancient debris
- Cover Me In Debris – Get a full suit of Netherite armor
- Country Lode, Take Me Home – Use a compass on a lodestone
- Who is Cutting Onions? – Obtain crying obsidian
- Not Quite “Nine” Lives – fully charge a respawn anchor
- This Boat Has Legs – Ride a strider with a warped fungus on a stick
- Hot Tourist Destinations – Explore all Nether biomes
- Those Were The Days – Enter a bastion remnant
- War Pigs – open a chest in a bastion remnant
- Oh Shiny – Distract an aggressive Piglin with any item piglins “love” while not wearing any golden armour.
- Treasure loot can only be fished up when fishing in open waters.
- Players will be able to respawn in the Nether with the respawn anchor.
- Added additional ambient sounds for the Nether.
- Fire lit on Soul sand will also turn into Soul Fire just like soul soil.
- Spawning rules
- Fish now despawn when 64 blocks away from the player, unless placed from a bucket or named with a name tag.
- Basalt can be generated when lava runs over soul soil while it comes into contact with blue ice.
- Added 3 new songs to The Nether, composed by Lena Raine: “Rubedo”, “Chrysopoeia”, and “So Below”.
Yep, this Minecraft update 2.07 June 23 patch is a big one! Enjoy the content, everyone!
Source: Minecraft fandom