While we just got the big Season 6 patch for Apex Legends a few days ago, Respawn Entertainment has rolled out a new Apex Legends update August 20 server-side patch that fixes quite a number of things in-game. Note that it seems players on Origin are required to download a file, while those on PS4, don’t need to.
There’s also a playlist update coming later today, though at an unspecified time according to Respawn.
New Apex Legends Update August 20 patch notes:
Addresses the following:
- Rampart Amped Wall client error in softened gore locales
- Fix a server error causing immediate disconnects when Rampart puts down a wall
- Fix an error caused in some instances where a player is on Rampart’s turret when it is destroyed
- Issue around specific Bloodhound skin getting a stretched neck while using Rampart turret. We are still working on this issue for Lifeline’s Guardian Angel skin
- Rampart’s “Boom” finisher line from playing across the map
- Kill stat tracking for R-99 not displaying properly
Additionally, we are publishing a playlist update later today to do the following:
- Reduce Devotion damage [17 -> 16] , and increases recoil – these are quick changes we can make now, more adjustments to Devotion that take more time to do will come later.
- Reduce number of Devotions and Turbochargers spawned
- Reduced number of gold helms, gold backpacks and gold incap shields
We are still looking at tweaks and changes coming in the next few weeks.
Source: Apex Legends Trello