Aside from showing us a ton of new Gran Turismo 7 gameplay running on the PS5, the developer also discussed more about the new game modes, as well as an in-depth look at the new weather system, photo mode, and so much more!
Down below you can read our short summary of the 30 minute video, though if you are more interested in watching you can also do so below.
- First Polyphony Digital reiterated that Gran Turismo 7 is aimed towards all gamers. Whether you are a beginner or a car enthusiast, there is something for everyone in the game to look forward to.
- The developer then showed the ‘World Map’ of the game looking at all of the game modes. The modes are ‘Mission’, ‘License’, ‘Used Cars’, ‘Brand Central’, ‘Sports’, ‘Scrapes’, ‘World Circuits’, ‘Cafe’, ‘Garage’, ‘Legendary Cars’, ‘Showcase’, ‘Tuning Shop’, ‘Custom’ and ‘Multiplayer’.
- There are over 400 cars (more coming post launch) available at the game at launch. You can buy cars in three different categories. Brand Central offers new cars for you to buy. You can also buy cheaper models in the Used Cars section. Used Cars are rotated daily. Lastly, you can get Legendary Cars which offer vintage vehicles from the 20th century.
- There are over 34 locations in the game with over 90 different track layouts. The game has a mix of real-world style tracks as well as some created race tracks from older games.
- World Circuits offer many different race modes including: ‘Over 100 race events, ‘Circuit Experience’, ‘Time Trial’, ‘Drift Trial’, ‘Custom Races’ and ‘Meeting Place’.
- There are two main Graphics Modes. One is Frame Rate which prioritizes 60 fps during gameplay. The game also offers a Ray Tracing mode for race replays, 3D stages and Photo Mode.
- The game offers 75 music artists and has 300 music tracks. The genres covered are ‘Classic’, ‘Jazz’, ‘Hip Hop’, ‘Electro’ and ‘Lounge’.
- Speaking of music, there is a new game mode called ‘Music Rally’. This is a mode where you can relax and listen to the music while driving. Music from past Gran Turismo games are included too!
- The PS5 version of the game offers 3D Audio and Haptic Feedback.
- You can still tune cars to your heart’s content allowing you to drive the way you want.
- They have extended the car customization allowing you to place stickers in places you couldn’t before. You can also download designs to use from the online community.
- There are two new game modes called ‘Gran Turismo Cafe’ and ‘Scrapes’. The cafe has info on cars, while Scrapes is where you can take realistic photos.
- Both online multiplayer and split-screen multiplayer is included.
- The game will also offer realistic weather effects as well as day and night cycle for some tracks. The car physics are also the most realistic they have ever been.
Gran Turismo 7 State of Play Gameplay
That’s all of the info that we could summarize from the State of Play event. The game will be out on March 4, 2022 for the PS5 and PS4 consoles.