PUBG Corp. has rolled out the PUBG update 1.70 June 10 patch, or what the studio also calls the PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds patch version 12.1! There’s quite a number of new stuff include, so dig in to the patch notes below.
PUBG Update 1.70 Patch Notes (v12.1):
Miramar World Update
Miramar holds a special place in our hearts; launched alongside PUBG 1.0 in December 2017 we’re thrilled to show you the improvements made for Season 12.
Throughout the map, we’ve focused on improving the overall visual quality (lighting especially) while also keeping a close eye on improving player interactions with the environment to improve your gameplay experience. In comparison to the previous Miramar, rulesets have been changed based on balance updates.
Expect an overall smoother experience, with reduced object clutter, less troublesome coastlines, adjusted cover across the map, and more.
While points of interest will still feel very familiar, we’ve introduced key changes to improve core gameplay and keep things feeling fresh. Keep an eye out and let us know what you think!
The following items have been added to the Miramar loot table:
- Jammer Packs
- Decoy Grenades
- Emergency Parachutes
- Terrain Updates
We have improved the visual fidelity of textures and materials across the map. Additional cliffs have been added for steep slopes, which clearly indicate areas that cannot be climbed easily.
- Cliff Updates
Cliffs have been improved across the map and now look much better overall.
- Foliage Updates
Trees, plants, and other foliage have received vast visual improvements.
- Lighting Updates
One goal was to push a warmer, drier, and arid feel to help separate the feel and color palette from other maps. Looking at the map, we plotted the sun’s arch and tweaked the lighting setups to represent different times of day better.
We aimed to create a softer image with less contrast to help with eye strain while still ensuring longer distance engagements.
In the existing weather types: Sunny, Sunset, Sunrise, and Cloudy, the intensity and color have been adjusted. Sandstorm and Dusk will be introduced in Challenger Mode. Finally, improvements were made to the bunker and interior lighting.
- Building and Object Updates
Many buildings and objects across the map have received visual improvements.
- Map Flow
Reduced clutter across the map to improve ease of movement, especially around building entrances.
Season 12 Ranked
The new ranked season is upon us!
All players eligible for Season 11 ranked rewards will receive them upon launching the game. Rewards are granted based on your end-of-season rank.
For more information on ranked rewards, click here. Season 12 rewards will be announced at a later date.
- PUBG ID emblem for each tier that includes animation can be acquired when reaching the Platinum Tier or higher.
|Bronze||Bronze PUBG ID Emblem|
|Silver||Silver PUBG ID Emblem|
|Gold||Gold PUBG ID Emblem/Ranked Parachute Skin|
|Platinum||Animated Platinum PUBG ID Emblem/Ranked Parachute Skin|
|Diamond||Animated Diamond PUBG ID Emblem/Ranked Parachute Skin|
|Master||Animated Master PUBG ID Emblem/Animated Master Nameplate/Ranked Parachute Skin|
|Top 500||Bonus rewards for Top 500 players: Animated Top 500 PUBG ID Emblem/Animated Top 500 Nameplate|
- The Parachute Skin is a permanent reward players keep forever and can equip as they please.
- The rest of the earnable rewards are only ‘Unlocked’ for the duration of a single Ranked Season.
- For more details, see our recent ranked rewards announcement.
- Only the unlocked rewards from a player’s highest rank will be granted.
- Unlocked Rewards can be found in the inventory at the start of the new Season.
Weapon Skin Upgrade System
Introducing a new upgrade system. It is an evolutionary weapon skin that can raise the level of the weapon skin by consuming specific materials or goods. With each level achieved, new features are added to the gun skin, and they can be acquired from the Weapon Skin Contraband Crate. Contraband Coupons can be purchased through BP, and after the live server update, Contraband Coupons will be provided through various events held in the game lobby and various community events. In addition, it can be obtained with a certain probability from the BP box sold in the store.
- You can choose to select to open once or ten times.
- Open once: 200 G-Coin
- Open ten times: 1,800 G-Coin
- There is a chance of acquiring Weapon Skins and materials to upgrade the Weapon Skins.
- Upgradable Weapon Skins
- Ordinary Weapon Skin: Special Grade or above (Special, Rare, Elite, Epic)
- Schematics (Material Item)
- Polymer (Material Item)
- Contraband Crates can be opened once with 10 Contraband Coupons. But, cannot be opened 10 times with Contraband Coupons.
- 10 Scraps can be acquired from opening Contraband Crates using G-Coin. Scraps can be used to purchase items from the Scrap Shop.
|Legendary||[PROGRESSIVE] Gear Head – Beryl M762||0.90%|
|Epic||Psycho Killer – M24||1.20%|
|Epic||Shark Bite – M16A4||1.00%|
|Epic||Gold Plate – AKM||1.00%|
|Elite||Psycho Killer – SCAR-L||2.10%|
|Elite||Psycho Killer – QBU||2.10%|
|Elite||Psycho Killer – MP5K||2.10%|
|Elite||Gold Plate – SKS||1.70%|
|Elite||Gold Plate – Groza||1.70%|
|Elite||Desert Digital – M416||1.70%|
|Elite||Gold Plate – AWM||1.70%|
|Elite||Trifecta – SCAR-L||1.70%|
|Elite||Silver Plate – S12K||1.70%|
|Rare||Plaid to the Bone – M249||2.70%|
|Rare||Plaid to the Bone – Beryl M762||2.70%|
|Rare||Plaid to the Bone – VSS||2.70%|
|Rare||Gold Plate – Sawed-Off||2.50%|
|Rare||Silver Plate – UMP45||2.50%|
|Rare||Silver Plate – Tommy Gun||2.50%|
|Rare||Desert Digital – P92||2.50%|
|Rare||Desert Digital – Kar98k||2.50%|
|Rare||Desert Digital – Mini14||2.50%|
|Rare||Trifecta – Micro UZI||2.50%|
|Special||Chain Gang – DP-28||2.90%|
|Special||Chain Gang – S12K||2.90%|
|Special||Chain Gang – M16A4||2.90%|
|Special||Chain Gang – Micro UZI||2.90%|
|Special||Urban Hunter – Crossbow||2.40%|
|Special||Urban Hunter – Sawed-Off||2.40%|
|Special||Urban Hunter – P92||2.40%|
|Special||Gold Plate – Win94||2.80%|
|Special||Trifecta – P92||2.80%|
|Special||Desert Digital – R45||2.80%|
|Special||Desert Digital – Win94||2.80%|
|Special||Desert Digital – Micro UZI||2.80%|
|Special||Desert Digital – P18C||2.80%|
|Special||Rugged (Orange) – Kar98k||2.80%|
- Scrap acquired from opening Contraband Crates can be used to purchase items from the Scrap Shop. Scrap can be kept indefinitely.
- Available items:
- [PROGRESSIVE] Gear Head – Beryl M762
- Contraband Coupons
- Available items:
- View upgrade features for each level of the Upgradable Weapon Skins, and you can upgrade them by consuming your materials.
- Upgrading your Upgradable Weapon Skins
- Schematics and Polymer are required
- Upgrading will unlock features with each level-up. More schematics and polymers are required to upgrade to the next level.
- An Upgradable Skin, [PROGRESSIVE] Gear Head – Beryl M762’s features for each level are as follows.
- Lv.1: Basic Skin Cosmetic (Level 1 appearance)
- Lv.2: Magazine / Muzzle Skin
- Lv.3: Uncommon Skin Cosmetic (Level 2 appearance)
- Lv.4: BATTLESTAT Total Kills
- Lv.5: Inspect Weapon Animation
- Lv.6: Killfeed Skin
- Lv.7: Grip Skin
- Lv.8: Rare Skin Cosmetic (Level 3 appearance)
- Lv.9: Loot Crate Skin
- Lv.10: Scope Skin
- Once a weapon skin has been upgraded, it cannot be reverted.
- Salvage your Weapon Skins to earn materials for upgrades
- Salvage – Weapon Skin
- Up to 12 Weapon Skins can be selected at a time
- Earn polymer by salvaging an ordinary Weapon Skin
- Earn Schematics and Polymer by salvaging an Upgradable Weapon Skin
- Tiers not listed in the below chart (Event, Basic, Ultimate) cannot be salvaged
- The number of polymer and schematics earned from Weapon Skins by tiers is listed below:
|Legendary & Upgradable||800||3|
BATTLESTAT Exchange Kit
Introducing the BATTLESTAT Exchange Kit! Swap kill counter progress from one BATTLESTAT skin to another.
- Transfer the current kill count from one BATTLESTAT skin to another BATTLESTAT skin.
- Only available to use with two BATTLESTAT skins which are the same weapon, tier, and counter-type.
- This item is consumed upon use.
- Unable to be used with Progressive Skins.
New Weapon – Lynx AMR
Credit to DictatorShadow for the asset edit
The Lynx AMR is PUBG’s first Anti-Materiel Rifle, a semi-automatic crate gun capable of damaging military equipment and armor, in addition to players and vehicles.
Intended as a hard counter to vehicles, the Lynx is also effective in any situations you’d find yourself wanting to scope in and shoot down an enemy.
- PUBG’s first .50 caliber weapon
- The Lynx AMR is first and foremost the best anti-vehicle sniper rifle in the game, capable of destroying BRDMs and even penetrating the windows to kill its occupants.
- Capable of destroying weak vehicles like motorcycles in a single shot and most regular vehicles in two or three shots.
- Players have five shots only, with no way to reload.
- Spawns in Care Package only on Miramar in Normal Matches. In a future update, the Lynx will be added to Custom Matches and Training Mode.
New Vehicle – Quad
The Quad is an off-road vehicle with four low-pressure tires and a driver seat designed to be straddled by the operator, with handlebars for steering control, with room on the back for a teammate. Modeled after a racing-style ATV, get ready to explore the Battlegrounds on this all-terrain monster we call the Quad.
- Seats: 2
- Health: 750
- Maximum Speed: 110 km/h (125 km/h at maximum boost)
- Maximum Range: 24.4 km (18.5 km at maximum boost)
- Only spawns on Miramar.
- Will be added to in Custom Matches and Training Mode in a future update.
Roadster(El Solitario) Motorcycle
A certain percentage of all motorcycles, including two and three-seaters, will spawn as Roadster Motorcycles.
We are constantly making UI/UX improvements to improve the player experience. In key binding improvements, we wanted to minimize the learning curve that players might experience. The navigation system is intended to make it easier to navigate through tabs and lists, and the improvement of the key guide display method allows for priority learning of operation methods and functions while maintaining system consistency. Finally, UI design improvements have been made to make it easier for players to see where they’re navigating and make the information they’re browsing more visible.
- Added skin tier information to the Store preview
- Improved Customize UX
- Changed the social function call key from X (Xbox, Stadia) / ☐ (PlayStation) button to the View (Xbox) / touchpad (Playstation) / option (Stadia) button.
- Custom Match
- Changed the landing page’s preset information key binding.
- Changed the match setting key from the host’s session lobby.
- Removed the key guides for hosts, and moved the starting key guide to the left.
- Changes were made in key binding, key guide locations.
- Changed the design of the focus.
- Improved the mechanics to predict searching.
- Changed the key binding for the matchmaking banner cancel key.
- Applied cycle through the upper and lower menus (GNB/LNB).
- The focus will move to the opposite end of the menu.
We will continue to improve on the current UX/UI based on your feedback. For more detailed information on the UI/UX improvements, please check the following announcement.
Teammates no longer appreciate your jump punches to the face during pre-match lobbies anymore? We’ve added some soccer balls as another way to keep you entertained while you prepare to drop in-game. Shoot, dribble and pass, but just don’t kick them into the water..
- 2 soccer balls spawn in each player-occupied starting area.
- The soccer balls vanish once the game begins.
Since the introduction of bots, we’ve made numerous improvements to their behavior, including adding additional interactions with grenades and cover. With this update, bots will now jump from the plane similarly to other players and we’ve also made additional improvements to the underlying bot AI.
- These changes apply to all situations where bots spawn.
- Match: Normal Match
- Maps where upgraded bots can be found: Erangel, Miramar, Sanhok, Vikendi
- POV: TPP/FPP
- Modes: Solo/Duo/Squad
In the Hall of Fame building on Erangel, the PGI.S winners are now being showcased. Relive the excitement from PGI.S in-game.
- The winning team’s jersey and logo have been added.
- Names of the winning players are displayed on the Hall of Fame board.
- Photos of the tournament-winning moment have been put on show.
- The PGI.S 2021 trophy is also displayed in all its glory.
Emergency Pickup Improvements
Thank you for the tremendous amount of feedback since we first introduction of the Emergency Pickup feature. And, with your feedback in mind, we’re the following changes:
- Emergency pickup airplanes will appear less frequently.
- There is now a 90-second cooldown between airplanes.
- A countdown timer appears on the emergency pickup icon if an airplane isn’t currently available. Using an Emergency Pickup while the airplanes are on cooldown will cause the kit to be wasted.
- Improved the sound rope sounds when attached players are moving.
- Changed the model of the airplane.
Reputation System and Cheat Separation
We have made additional changes to the reputation system to prevent a decrease in reputation points due to player reports.
- Temporary bans related to potential cheating won’t impact reputation. Players found to be cheating will still be permanently banned.
- Reputation will still decrease from other types of bans.
- Breaking the PUBG Rules of Conduct can result in a ban and a subsequent decrease in reputation. We’ve updated in-game wording accordingly.
- A view profile button has been added when receiving a team invite
- You can now see a person’s profile before accepting their invitation
- When receiving multiple team invites, the invite number is displayed in the upper right corner of the window.
- By default, the most recent team invite is displayed first.
- When a new team invite is received while viewing the profile via the team invitation message:
- Team invitation messages from players in the profile you are currently viewing will be pinned to the front, and new team invitations will be placed behind them.
- You can check that there is an invitation by seeing the number displayed at the top right of the message.
- Improved the character spawning process.
- Optimized data while loading to improve CPU efficiency and reduce instances of frame drops and hitching.
- Optimized overall server processing load.
PUBG LABS: Racing Mode
Racing Mode has arrived in PUBG LABS! Experience a new way to play on the Battlegrounds as you battle your opponents and race across tracks on the newly updated Miramar.
Choose your vehicle, buckle up and race hard!
- Select your vehicle at race start.
- Available Vehicles: Motorcycle, Buggy, Coupe RB, Dirt Bike, Mirado.
- Each vehicle comes equipped with a set of different weapons.
- Use D-Pad down to toggle the vehicle selection UI and change vehicles.
- Upon respawn, your selected vehicle will be spawned.
- Players are spawned in their vehicle as the race countdown begins.
- You won’t be able to move or attack other players until the race starts.
- Once the match starts, destroy anything in your path!
- At match start players are invincible for 10 seconds and 5 seconds after each respawn to prevent the frustration of being spawn killed.
- Racing Mode takes place at one of the two tracks shown above.
- Both tracks are 1-way, with a static start and finish line.
- Checkpoints serve as respawn points and you must drive through them to progress in the race.
- Going off-track for too long engages an out of bounds timer and when the countdown hits zero, you will be respawned near the latest checkpoint you’ve passed.
- Drive through red crates to collect boosts.
- Boost crates respawn a short time after being collected.
- Boosts can be engaged with LB (Xbox) and L1 (Playstation/Stadia).
- Using a boost brings you to FULL-SPEED. Send it!
- When killed, you will respawn with your boost gauge set to max.
- Motorcycles and Dirt Bikes are unable to use boosts.
- This is for balance gameplay balance reasons.
- Drive through blue crates to collect ammo.
- Crates provide a small amount of ammo for your equipped weapon.
- Ammo crates respawn a short time after being collected.
That’s a lot! Once there’s a new patch out, we’ll let our readers know.