After being unexpectedly available for the season pass owners on the Xbox One platform last week, Raiden the “Thunder God” from the Mortal Kombat franchise finally makes his highly anticipated debut in Injustice 2.
As now both PlayStation 4 and Xbox One players can now ‘officially’ access the fury of Raiden if you happen to have purchased either the Ultimate God pack or Fighter Pack 2 for the DCU fighter, Injustice 2.
For those out of the loop, or happened to miss the latest WatchTower stream from NetherRealm Studios, the Chicago based development team responsible for both the Mortal Kombat and Injustice series. Here’s some of the thing that you need to know about Raiden’s fighting style for Injustice 2:
- Compared to other fighters, Raiden has more of a ‘Yolo’ playstyle.
- Very fast teleports that can be punished if you anticipate them
- His character trait allows him to extend the hits for his attacks for more damage and also to break the armor for those who are trying to meter-burn f/b 3 any gaps from your combos.
- His “superman” move can easily drag an opponent across the map if it connects.
- Character trait can also give him the classic ‘meaty’ Mortal Kombat style uppercuts.
- Some of his unlockable abilities include lighting traps, air teleport and more.
If that’s not enough to wet your appetite before you get your hands on Raiden, feel free to check out the videos below that focuses on his extra abilities and general gameplay that includes footage of Black Lightning:
Aside from giving a glimpse to Raiden’s playstyle, the NetherRealm developers also hinted that we will see some Multiverses in the near future that awards skins based off a character’s movie/tv counterpart.
Injustice 2 is currently available on both the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One platforms.