Today, Ubisoft Montreal has released a Rainbow Six Siege PC update, and t’s full of game fixes, and gameplay balancing changes. The Rainbow Six Siege Y4S2.3 patch notes can be read below. This patch will be out later this week on consoles, and once it is, we’ll let our readers know.
- Addition of further RFF parameters to take into account damage history to a player from the offender over multiple rounds in a match.
- Continued chip damage to an individual from another teammate over several rounds will stack RFF points more quickly.
- Putting a teammate into DBNO will activate RFF.
- Reviving the DBNO teammate will remove the RFF activation.
- Bleeding out from DBNO will prompt the dead player to mark the TK as intentional or not.
IDLE KICK TIMER
- Idle kick warning timer will display 10 seconds before a kick.
LAN VOICE CHAT
- LAN/Offline modes in-game voice chat has been removed for optimization purposes.
- PvP/Online voice chat will not be affected.
- Hip-fire cone increased.
- We have standardized the hip-fire penalization when you have a Ballistic Shield equipped. Having a shield equipped will now increase it by the same amount. Spread has increased for every Operator when a shield is equipped, but Fuze, Montagne and Blitz will be the most impacted by the change.
BALLISTIC SHIELD MELEE
- Performing a melee attack with a Ballistic Shield equipped will now only injure and DBNO the opponent, instead of killing them.
- The new changes for melee attacks while using a Ballistic Shield will impact Blitz, Fuze, Montagne and Recruit.
- Reduced Yokai Sonic Burst disorientating effect base duration to 7 seconds (down from 10s).
We are running low on AAA batteries, so to save energy we’re tuning down Yokai’s power a bit.
- Reduced time it takes to trigger the vision penalty when moving or rotating, lowering the overall vision penalty when moving.
- Movement time before complete vision is lost is now 6 seconds (up from 2.5s).
- The speed at which the vision penalty is applied when rotating has also been slowed down.
Glaz has been feeling a bit left out so we gave him some incentive to join the party.
- Reduced the number of pings from a scan to 4 (down from 5), reduced time being tracked by 5 seconds.
You can rest easier now. Maybe.
- Modified breaching torch sound SFX.
- Breaching torch sounds will now be easier to hear when Maverick is making a hole close to you.
Can you hear me now?
- Increased Nøkk’s ability duration to 12 seconds and increased the refill timer to 12 seconds.
- With the longer duration, and cooldown, you’ll be able to better leverage her ability.
As per the law of equivalent exchange, you can now spend longer being spooky, but also spend longer getting a full refill.
- FIXED – Under certain circumstances, after emptying the magazine, weapons cannot be reloaded.
- FIXED – After joining in progress, any Yokai drones or hacked Mozzie drones outside will not display the jammed VFX to the player who joined midway.
- FIXED – Missing SFX for Clash when equipping her CCE Shield.
- FIXED – Sometimes placing Mira’s Mirror on a reinforced wall may not breach both sides of the wall.
- FIXED – Players can spawn peek the Docks.
- FIXED – Starting any situation after completing a Custom Online game will start a Thunt Lone Wolf on the same map and mode as the Custom Online game.
- FIXED – Players are unable to reconnect to a Ranked session via the dynamic Play button and remain in queue unless they relaunch.
Again, don’t forget, console (PS4, XB1) players will get this same patch on July 24. Once it’s out, we’ll report on the file size and any changes Ubisoft might have included that’s not in the patch notes.
Source: Rainbow 6