Hopoo Games have finally announced the Risk of Rain 2 next expansion, as Survivors of the Void is coming to PC via Steam during the Q1 2022 window. The announcement came with a brand-new dev thoughts video which shed some light on the upcoming release, as well as a brand-new mode called The Simulacrum.
Here is a rundown of everything new with this next expansion for Risk of Rain 2:
New Content Coming in Survivor
- Alternate Final Boss & Stage
- 2 New Survivors
- 40 New Items – Including an entirely new item-tier exclusive to the expansion
- New Game Mode – The Simulacrum
- The Simulacrum is a wave-based arena mode set within a Void simulation. It can be played both single and multiplayer and contains any artifacts you’ve unlocked ready for use. It is an endless mode that only concludes with your simulated demise.
- You can see the new mode in action in Dev Thoughts #23.
- 9 New Monsters
- 2 New Bosses
- 2 New Elite Types
- 4 New Stages
- 3 New Interactables (similar to chests, Scrappers, 3D printers and item containers)
- New Music
- Additional fixes, changes, and improvements
As the game first released on PC, details on the console availability for this next expansion will be announced at a later date. Survivors of the Voidis now available for wishlisting on Steam.
Risk of Rain 2 is now available to play on PC via Steam, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Stadia.