While we gpt the SMITE mid-season update two weeks ago to the patch tagged as 7.7, Hi-Rez Studios has released the SMITE update 11.49 July 28 bonus update out now. There are new god skins, and item changes you can check out below.
SMITE Update 11.49 July 28 patch notes:
Shadowsteel offered strong utility to critical strike builds, which had potential to be overpowering. However, It seems like we overvalued its utility. To make this item more attractive we are giving it a small cost reduction and increased Physical Power.
- Decreased cost from 2500 to 2400
- Increased Physical Power from 20 to 30
Golden Blade and Arachne, can you name a more iconic duo? Basic Attack Assassins in particular have seen a strong rise with the recent buff to their itemization. The cost reduction made this item more accessible which is something we want to keep but the amount of clear gained was too much. Rather than reverting the change we are tweaking its existing stats.
- Decreased Attack Speed from 20% to 15%
- Decreased minion AoE damage from 75% to 50% on the Item’s Passive
Serrated Edge has been a popular choice for Assassins in the mid season patch, although a few gods can push its power to extremes that the rest of the god pool cannot. We are increasing its cost for now but may look to do more adjustments in the future to open it up to a wider array of gods.
- Increased cost from 2400 to 2550
SPEAR OF THE MAGUS
Spear of the Magus, Heartseeker, and Soul Reaver are strong items for both dealing damage to squishies while also bypassing enemy tankiness. We are keeping a close eye on how tanks feel in relation to damage dealers with our recent changes, but it will take some time and experimentation to see where everything falls. In the meantime these items that are universally good should be more focused in their strengths.
Spear of the Magus was simply too cheap for what it provided. Opting into boosting your team’s damage should come online slower.
- Increased cost from 2450 to 2600
- Decreased Duration of the passive debuff from 10s to 7s
- Increased Cooldown of the passive from 10s to 15s
Heartseeker’s % Penetration and Health Damage indicate it works well against tanks, but the raw power provided made it good in nearly all cases. A power reduction should take some of the edge off.
- Decreased Physical Power from 75 to 65
Soul Reaver falls into the same category as Heartseeker. A reduction in power here should focus it more towards damaging tanks and feel weaker against squishies
- Decreased Magical Power from 110 to 95
- Fixed an issue where this item was providing 10 more Magical Power than intended
RING OF HECATE
Ring of Hecate provided a huge boost to Magical ADCs in the Mid Season patch, providing a strong spread of stats, utility, and sustain. We are increasing its cost and removing the bonus healing per stack to highlight its power draining utility while giving opponents better counterplay.
- Increased cost from 2500 to 2600
- Removed the Healing Increased per stack on the Item’s passive
- Fixed an issue where this was allowing gods to gain more than 40% pen
- Removed Passive
- Added 10% Physical Penetration
This unique lifesteal item was given some solid buffs for Mid Season, which was especially interesting to Solo Laners who would be losing the sustain from Gladiator’s Shield. Due to its high power, many Jungle Assassins are picking up this item and gaining an additional boost they certainly do not need. We are bringing down the Physical Power, especially in the early game to make the item slightly more difficult to utilize in the Jungle.
- Decreased Base Physical Power from 30 to 20
- Decreased Total Physical Power on Evolved Soul Eater from 40 to 35
HAND OF THE GODS
Hand of the Gods is being boosted to ensure when used early it can clear minis while also helping more with the increased difficulty of the Jungle.
- Increased damage dealt from 170 to 200
Bakasura has been eating well after his changes and the buffs to his supporting items. He was struggling before the Golden Blade buff, but with its cheaper cost and addition of items like Serrated Blade and Atalanta’s Bow he ended up not needing this adjustment. We are reverting it. This revert plus the nerfs to his core items should slow down Baka sufficiently.
- Decreased Heal Physical Power Scaling from 85% to 70%.
- Decreased Protections gained from 10/18/26/34/42 to 10/15/20/25/30.
With the changes to Warrior’s Blessing, Potion Stacking, and Gladiator’s Shield being, sustain has additional value in the Solo lane. Camazotz has the ability to be overbearing with his early sustain. We are reducing his protections and the sustain from Devour to make brawling with him a stronger option.
- Decreased Base Physical Protection from 13 to 11.
- Decreased Heal per Hit from 10/20/30/40/50 to 8/16/24/32/40.
Cthulhu has strong moments of power, especially in the early game. Rushing Terror’s Base Damage combined with his Sever makes him able to pick up kills quite easily. You should be afraid when he ults, but the amount of damage he was doing was too high.
- Decreased Base Damage of the Dash from 80/120/160/200/240 to 70/110/150/190/230
- Decreased Base Damage of the Projectile from 50/80/110/140/170 to 40/70/100/130/160
- Decreased Base Damage from 120/175/230/285/340 to 100/160/220/280/340
Raijin’s poke, especially at higher levels of play, can be very difficult to fight against. Now that he can clear lane effectively in the early game, we are reducing the scaling slightly to make his damage output more manageable in the late game.
- Decreased Magical Scaling per hit from 30% to 25%.
Ratatoskr’s rework is out and people are going nuts! The general consensus seems to be that he is strong but we are still seeing a lot of experimentation with different builds. We are targeting the most frequently purchased acorn (Bristlebush) and the winningest acorn (Evergreen), toning down his power while still leaving room for players to experience each acorn.
- Evergreen Acorn
- Decreased Physical Power from 35 to 25.
- Bristlebush Acorn
- Decreased Dart bonus damage from 40% to 35%.
- This affects both the base damage and scaling of Dart.
You can check out the new god skins here.