Star Wars Republic Commando has finally released today for PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch, though it seems that the PS4 version has received a surprise update that adds 4K resolution when played on the PS5. Here’s the lowdown on the Star Wars: Republic Commando update.
Star Wars Republic Commando Update 1.01
- Supported up to 4K rendering resolution on PlayStation 5.
- Supported up to 1440p rendering resolution on PlayStation 4 Pro.
- Optimized rendering shaders.
- Improved audio quality.
- Updated controller’s vibration settings.
- Reduced controller’s dead zone size.
- Minor bug fixes and quality of life changes.
Not a bad update, and certainly a surprising one for PS5 owners. Typically when a game would receive a update, either for resolution or frame-rate, they would only be capped off to whatever the PS4 Pro can reach. In this case however, it seems that Star Wars Republic Commando can detect whether it’s playing on the PS4 Pro (1440P) or the PS5 (4K). Either way, that boost in resolution is definitely a nice one to have.
Star Wars Republic Commando is now available on the PS4, PS5 (via backwards compatibility) and the Nintendo Switch. For those on Xbox, the game has been available on the platform for some time now.