The Turtle Beach Stealth 700 & Stealth 600 wireless headsets have just been announced. Priced at $99 and $149, respectively, this pair of headsets aim to “redefine what gamers should expect from a wireless gaming headset” at these price points.
Xbox One users will be impressed to hear that Turtle Beach’s new headsets are the first in the world to use Microsoft’s Xbox Wireless technology to connect directly to the console, just like the Xbox Wireless Controller. “No wires, no base station, and no adapter needed. When paired directly to Xbox One, gamers simply need to turn on their headset and start playing.”
These headsets boasts a lot of other features, too. Here’s the complete list:
- Wireless Game & Chat – With Xbox Wireless, gamers on Xbox One can connect their Stealth 700 & 600 directly to the console just like an Xbox Wireless Controller – no wires, no base station, and no adapter needed. On PS4, the included USB transmitter connects the headsets to the console using the latest smart, channel-hopping technology.
- Immersive Surround Sound – On Xbox One the Stealth 700 & 600 are optimized to deliver immersive Windows Sonic for Headphones surround sound to bring your games, movies and music to life. The Stealth 700 for PS4 features DTS: Headphone:X® surround sound technology for amazing 7.1 channel surround sound, and the Stealth 600 for PS4 uses Turtle Beach Virtual Surround Sound.
- Active Noise-Cancellation (Stealth 700 only) – The Stealth 700 for Xbox One and PS4 offers gamers Active Noise-Cancellation to eliminate unwanted background distractions for complete gaming immersion.
- Bluetooth Connectivity with App-Based Settings (Stealth 700 only) – The Stealth 700 for Xbox One and PS4 also features Bluetooth so you can quickly change audio settings on the fly by being connected to the new Turtle BeachAudio Hub app, as well as stream music and take calls from your mobile device while gaming.
- Glasses Friendly – Turtle Beach’s unique ProSpecs™ comfort-driven design removes pressure on your glasses while you play.
- Powerful 50mm Speakers – Large, powerful 50mm over-ear speakers produce crisp highs and thundering lows.
- Flip-up Microphone – Turtle Beach’s renowned high-sensitivity mic picks up your voice loud and clear, and flips up out of the way to mute, and blends into the headsets’ design when not in use.
- Superhuman Hearing™ – From quiet footsteps sneaking-up from behind to enemy weapon reloads just before an ambush, Superhuman Hearing™ lets you hear it all. Hear Everything. Defeat Everyone.™
- Independent Game & Chat Volume Control – Find the perfect balance between game audio and chat audio.
- Dynamic Chat Boost™ (Stealth 700 only) – Activate to automatically increase incoming chat volume over game audio so you hear your teammates clearly.
- Mic Monitoring – Hear the volume of your voice inside the headset so you never have to shout.
- Audio Presets, Including Bass Boost – Customize the way your game sounds with four audio presets, including Bass Boost.
- All-Day Battery Life – The Stealth 600 headsets let gamers enjoy up to 15 hours of gaming per charge. The Stealth 700 offers gamers up to 10 hours of gaming per charge, and can go longer depending on how much the Active Noise-Cancellation and Bluetooth features are used.
You can pick up the Stealth 600 for both Xbox One and PS4, as well as the Stealth 700 for Xbox One, right now online or at participating retailers. The Stealth 700 PS4 version is set to release later on September 24.
I’ve always loved the “mic monitoring” feature. What do you make of the Turtle Beach Stealth 700 and Stealth 600?