Bugbear Entertainment has released the Wreckfest update 2.08 June 1 patch, and this brings a new tournament, a new reward car, “Extreme” damage mode and loads more. Check out the trailer and complete patch notes below.
Wreckfest Update 2.08 June 1 Patch Notes:
- New tournament: Wrecking Madness
- New free Wrecking Playground environment
- New Speedbird GT tournament reward car
- New Extreme damage mode
- Improvements and fixes
- Added a new track: Wrecking Playground.
Server admins note: the internal designation for the track is wrecker01_1.
- Introducing new tournament: Wrecking Madness
- New tournament reward car: Speedbird GT.
- (XB1/XSX) Game no longer sporadically crashes during multiplayer.
- (PS5) Improved Voice Chat reliability.
- (PS5) Improved multisample anti-aliasing.
- (PS5) Improved performance.
- Improved dynamic objects syncing over network.
- Added a new “Extreme” damage mode.
- Improved Bandit and Bandit Ripper handling.
- Improved dynamic dirt for a number of vehicles.
- Speedbird engine audio no longer cuts off when the engine is over-revved.
- Schoolbus, Motorhome, Supervan & Sofa Car loaners: Fixed triggering misconfiguration with gearshifter sounds.
- (PS5) Fixed surface material misconfiguration that disabled some surface sounds and their haptic feedback.
- (PS5) Decreased the effect of in-game physics to haptics intensity of track object and car-to-car collision rumbles.
- (PS5) Added unique dynamic skid rumble for asphalt surfaces (take that Rocket RX for a spin!).
- (PS5) Added unique rumble for barrel and fence collisions, player vehicle gearshift and backfires.
- (PS5) Adjusted rumble style of low momentum collisions with track objects for a sharper/snappier feel.
- (PS5) Lowered center frequency of low intensity car-to-car collision rumbles.
You can read more details about the new tournament here.