Bugbear has released the Wreckfest update 2.12 August 3 patch, and this brings the Carmageddon crossover tournament! Racers can expect a new tournament, new Carmageddon tracks, and a new reward car in the Eagle-R! There’s also a few gameplay-related fixes included too! On PS5, this shows up as Wreckfest update 1.012, while it’ll appear on Xbox as update 2.01.2!
Wreckfest Update 2.12 Patch Notes | Wreckfest Carmaggedon Update Patch Notes:
- New tournament: Carmageddon
- New free Carmageddon tracks
- New Eagle-R reward car
- Added two new environments from Carmageddon: Bleak City and Devil’s Canyon.
Both new environments feature a race track and a free roam environment best suitable for deathmatches, and additionally Bleak City also has a reverse race layout as well as a dedicated demolition arena.Server admins note: the internal designation for the tracks are as follows:Code:
Bleak City Race Track: crm01_1 Bleak City Race Track Reverse: crm01_5 Bleak City Demolition Arena: crm01_3 Bleak City Free Roam: crm01_2 Devil's Canyon Race Track: crm02_1 Devil's Canyon Free Roam: crm02_2
- New tournament season: Carmageddon.
- New tournament reward car: Eagle-R.
- (XBSX) Improved framerate for more stable 60 fps.
- (PC) Improved reliability of save data handling.
- (PC) Game no longer crashes to fatal error whenever save data is corrupted.
- (PS4) Creating a public lobby now works properly.
- (PC) Steam networking asserts are no longer displayed in the server console.
- (PC) Performance issues in multiplayer.
- (PC) Dedicated server currently suffers from a severe memory leak, most likely causing the server to crash eventually.
- (PC) Hosting in-game does not currently work (neither Internet or LAN), please use the dedicated server in the meantime.
- (PC) In-game ping currently displays ~30 ms too much, meaning that your actual ping is ~30 ms less.
- (PC) Server message is not being displayed.