Codemasters has released the Dirt 5 update 4.03 May 11 patch, which brings the “Red Bull Revolution” content into the game. For the full slate of new content launching today and more, check out the complete patch notes below.
Dirt 5 Update 4.03 May 11 Patch Notes:
UPDATE 4.03/RED BULL REVOLUTION UPDATE
Scheduled to release on May 11, 2021 for Xbox, PlayStation, Steam and Windows Store. Update will be added to Stadia at a later date.
CONTENT & FEATURES
- Official Red Bull liveries – eight liveries for multiple cars
- Cross-platform matchmaking – available in Online Public lobbies for races and party events
- Red Bull arch added to Playgrounds Create mode
- Wet and stormy weather conditions added for all Playgrounds locations
- Ghost lap time options added to Time Trial and Gate Crasher events
- Stats stickers – new Driver Card stickers available for reaching progression milestones
- Chinese and Korean Localisation added
- Further fixes for crashes on Xbox One/Xbox One S, particularly on Ice Breaker events
- Fixed crash occurrences when scrolling through rewards for specific sponsors
- Fixed instances of crashes when attempting to select ‘Wireless Controller’ from the Input Settings
- Fixed crash occurrence when backing out of Photo Mode shortly after changing weather conditions
- Further checks and balances for currency payouts across multiple game modes
- PC: Fixed instances of driver animations not appearing in cockpit cam
- PC: Fixed instances of raytraced shadows appearing incorrectly
- PC: Further fixes for instances of crashes, particularly when using a Nvidia 3090 graphics card
- PC: Fanatec Clubsport v2.5 no longer defaults to a pedal preset and saves user-selected data
- PC: User-selected wheel rim presets are now stored in save data, meaning players no longer have to reselect a preset every time they boot the game
- The ‘Up’ and ‘Down’ controls on a d-pad are no longer locked to changing camera view, and can be bound to different actions by the player
- Xbox One: Fixed crash occurrence when signing out of a player profile whilst in Playgrounds
- PS5: Fixed crash occurrence in Playgrounds when a player deletes their only published Playground
- PS5: Fixed softlock occurrences when selecting ‘Show More’ in Playgrounds Discover mode
- Various visual and technical tweaks and updates across the board to improve game performance and quality of life
Who’s ready for a revolution? We’re excited to reveal the Red Bull Revolution Update for DIRT 5: a FREE update for all players, launching on May 11!
Fresh content and new features are added for everyone in our latest game update, headlined by the introduction of cross-platform matchmaking for Xbox, PlayStation, and PC players, and also coming to Google Stadia later this year.
A stunning selection of official Red Bull liveries for multiple cars are on the way, along with the iconic Red Bull arch for use in Playgrounds mode. More weather options for our arena creator mode, ghost lap times, and more are also stuffed into this update! Let’s unpack it all and take a closer look…
DIRT 5: CROSS-PLATFORM MATCHMAKING ADDED
Even more action and fun await in DIRT 5’s online multiplayer modes, with the addition of cross-platform matchmaking compatibility for Xbox, PlayStation, and PC (Windows Store and Steam) players. Another key community request added to the game, this allows all public lobbies to connect players on different platforms together, further boosting online activity whenever you jump in. That means busy lobbies and more excitement in every event – whether that’s our traditional extreme racing, or our innovative party modes.
If you’re matchmaking with a party of players, all party members must have cross-platform matchmaking enabled to ensure they can match with racers on other platforms.