Bethesda has released The Elder Scrolls Online update 2.18 June 23 patch, as the game has its server maintenance today. Head on down for the details on what’s new for today’s title update.
The Elder Scrolls Online Update 2.18 June 23 Patch Notes:
Update: Bethesda has released the official patch notes!
- Bards in Blackwood are now debuting their new songs!
- Updated the dye icon in the Companion window of the Outfit screen.
- Companions will now run in front of your character less frequently when you come to a stop.
- Bastian and Mirri’s non-combat Perks are now active while they are active and present.
- Increased the likelihood of Companion gear to drop from non-boss enemies.
- Companions will no longer loudly mourn the deaths of group members and will only mourn the player that summoned them.
- You will no longer see quest indicators above the heads of other player’s Companions in your group when your own Companion has a quest to offer.
- Slightly increased the average frequency at which you gain rapport increases from killing enemies that Companions do not care for.
- Increased the minimum cooldown time for Companion VO, in addition to reducing the likelihood to hear the VO, when the Companion casts an ability which provides a synergy for you.
- Mirri now waits to get to know you a little better before asking again for help with her second personal quest.
- Companion combat level and class skill levels are now properly synchronized.
- Adjusted the help entry “Companions – Access” to improve clarity.
- Companions will now more consistently turn to face their opponent for their initial ability attack.
- Master Writs for crafting Blackwood item sets can now be generated.
- Fixed an issue wherein Blackwood Survey Reports would not be consumed after harvesting the biomes.
- The Ash Titan’s Molten Rain ability telegraphs now last long enough for the projectiles to hit their targets.
- Fixed an issue where Perfected Stone-Talker Epaulets could drop in Normal Difficulty in Rockgrove.
- Fixed an issue where completing Rockgrove Hard Mode awarded a Defiled Oathstone instead of the Cinder Ash Plate.
- Fixed an issue which caused Saxhleel Champion’s Perfected Restoration Staves to drop in Rockgrove on normal difficulty.
- Updated the description for the achievement “What is this Filth?” to use the full name of the Noxious Sludge debuff.
- If your character is affected by Noxious Sludge, you will now be targeted by Fetid Spit from Death Hoppers and Ember Chains from Havocrel Annihilators much less frequently.
- Fetid Spit now targets three players rather than four.
- Adjusted the visual effects of Fetid Spit for optimization.
- Flame-Herald Bahsei
- Creeping Eye will now always be removed once it is destroyed.
- Interacting with the Creeping Eye no longer temporarily prevents other nearby players from interacting with the Creeping Eye.
- Shocking Siphon and Restoring Tether, along with their morphs, are now removed when you cross into the eye realm during Hard Mode.
- Prime Meteors will no longer appear on top of the sigils used to destroy the Creeping Eye.
- Improved overall performance during this fight.
- Player characters already in the fight space no longer have a chance to be teleported into the fight space.
- Havocrel Goliath’s Firestorm ability telegraph now more accurately reflects its Area of Effect.
- The Zenithar’s Abbey Group Event achievement now references the correct boss required for completion.
- The “Leyawiin Tapestry, Divines Vertical” furnishing no longer flickers when viewed from a distance.
- Fixed an issue where small gaps were visible on the edges of the “Leyawiin Bookcase, Grand Filled furnishing”.
- Improved the accuracy of the wall collision for the upper levels of Water’s Edge, making it easier to hang paintings and other wall furnishings.
- Fixed an issue where running around the Glenbridge area could cause your Companions and pets to randomly despawn.
- Fixed a number of Mages Guild books in Blackwood that could spawn underground.
- You can no longer enter the great “Veyond” by running through a missing wall in Veyond Ruins.
- Fixed an issue with missing collision in Deadlands Keep that allowed you to escape the world.
- Fire Behemoths will now always activate and attack player characters once activated.
- You can now revive correctly when fighting Flame Atronachs during the Domoira encounter.
- Faram-Xaran will no longer have a chance to teleport into rocks.
- Flarion’s Magmatic Eruption will no longer damage targets far away from the encounter.
- The final event will no longer reset instantly if participants leave the event before destroying the console.
- A Hidden Vault:
- The door to the vault will now allow grouped members who are not on the quest to enter.
- Fixed an issue with a number of missing visual effects throughout this quest.
- A Mother’s Obsession: Fixed an issue where logging out on the quest step “Talk to Mirulivon” would cause Mirulivon to not respawn.
- An Abundance of Stibbons: Fixed an issue where relogging during certain quest steps would force you to backtrack to advance the quest.
- An Unexpected Adversary:
- Fixed an issue in Welke where dying in certain areas would teleport your character to the wrong graveyard.
- Fixed an issue in Welke where enemies could attack you through a closed door.
- Eveli will no longer be heard speaking while not actually present.
- Competition and Contracts:
- Fixed an issue where logging out or leaving the area during specific quest steps could cause the quest to become blocked.
- Fixed an issue where Tenarei’s Contract could spawn under the ground.
- Dead Weight: Fixed an issue where dying before speaking to Bralen Elendis could prevent him from respawning.
- Fighting the Stench with Stench: Fixed an issue where dying could cause multiple Lerics to spawn.
- Glittering Lies: Fixed an issue where the quest NPC could spawn underground.
- Harrada Harvest: Fixed an issue where quest pins during the first step of the quest would sometimes vanish.
- Heroes of Blackwood: Fixed a missing quest assist step.
- Idol Threats: Fixed an issue where the totems still had collision upon destruction.
- In Need of a Bath: Fixed an issue where dying before bathing Deet-Loh could cause him to transform incorrectly.
- Making a Racket: You can no longer interrupt Scipion before he finishes talking.
- Pyre of Ambition: Fixed an issue where relogging during certain parts of the quest would cause you to lose your follower.
- Shattered and Scattered:
- Fixed an issue where using the grappling hook would cause other players’ Mirri to use it as well.
- Fixed an issue where talking to Mirri in certain locations would not advance the quest properly or allow you to speak to her.
- The Ghostwriter of Giovesse: Fixed an issue where running away from Duchess Astella before speaking to her could cause her to despawn and block quest progress.
- Things Lost, Things Found: Fixed an issue where logging out before talking to Quistley could block the quest.
- Weapons of Destruction: Fixed an issue where your followers could duplicate during certain parts of the quest.
- War Chief Zathmoz at the Toad-Tongue War Camp will now correctly grant credit for defeating him and will reset properly when defeated.
- Restored the selection and collision for Saint Olms to its original size. He can no longer
- Fixed an issue that prevented the Chain of the Werewolf antiquity lead from dropping as intended.
- Progress between the Relic Hunter and Master Relic Hunter Achievements are now properly synced. Anyone who previously had met the requirements for these achievements but did not receive them will also be fixed.
- Fixed an issue where you could get blocked by fixture geometry in Eldbur Ruins.
- Fixed an issue where blocking attacks could appear desynced in cost, charging more Stamina than intended and later returning it after you stopped blocking.
- Fixed an issue where your active weapon bar did not persist through a load screen.
- Fixed an issue where the effects from Minor Lifesteal and Magickasteal could ignore their cooldowns in some cases.
- Draconic Power
- Elder Dragon: Fixed an issue where this passive was not properly applying its range extension to the intended abilities.
- Dark Magic
- Negate Magic: Fixed an issue where this Ultimate and morphs’ dispel failed to target most Area of Effects.
- Restoring Light
- Rune Focus: Fixed an issue where this ability and morphs’ heal could require you to exit and re-enter the area to benefit from if you recast the ability before its original duration ran out.
- Fixed an issue where performing justice actions would not grant Legerdemain progression.
- Fixed an issue where changing equipped items could result in a crash.
- Fixed an issue where some item sets were failing to apply their effects after entering a new zone.
- Fixed an issue that could result in the generation of a Master Writ without an item set.
- The Voriplasm pet will no longer make as many squishing sounds while standing in place.
- Fixed issue where riding lessons would always display a skill level of 0 in the tooltips.
- Fixed an issue which prevented Urgarlag Chief-bane from selling the Zaan Shoulder style page.
- Fixed an issue which could occasionally cause you to be unable to combine collectible fragments.
- Completing a Survey Report when you have an Endeavor to complete Survey Reports will now fulfill the correct amount (1), regardless of the Survey Report completed.
- Removed an errant gazebo that had unexpectedly appeared in the cooling lava of Kushalit Sanctuary.
- Fixed an issue where the intro video would not play smoothly.
- Fixed a rare crash that could occur after creating a character on a new account.
- Fixed a rare crash that could occur while loading into character select.
- Fixed a rare crash that could occur when save data is generated exactly when the UI gets unloaded, such as when logging out.
- Fixed a rare issue that could cause the game to freeze when changing zones.
- Corrected several cases where monster collision or targeting had unexpectedly changed size unexpectedly after Update 30.
- Corrected some text in the Sonnet of Aetherius Art and the Museum Guild Letter.
- Players with special characters in their names will now be correctly added to PvE leaderboards.
- Fixed an issue where lore books could occasionally not be displayed in the UI if you had too many unlocked.
Save the date! Midyear Mayhem starts on June 24.
-runs from June 24-July 6
-you can earn 3 Event Tickets/day
-Cyrodiil and Battleground dailies give 2 tickets
-Imperial City district dailies give 1 ticket
-you can earn extra AP and Midyear Boon Boxes from PVP activities as well!
No doubt, this patch includes a laundry list of changes, and once it’s posted, we’ll update the post.