Curious to know more about the recently introduced “Chaos Mode” to Call of Duty: Ghosts Extinction?
PC, Xbox One, and Xbox 360 players may have noticed the update yesterday, bringing the Extinction variant of the popular Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 mode to Call of Duty: Ghosts. The update is also expected to make its way to PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 users soon.
Developer Infinity Ward wrote down a few notes, outlining some of the mode’s nuances. As you might expect, Chaos Mode is all bout filling your combo meter by damaging Cryptids, collecting weapons or upgrades, and using your abilities. The more you you chain together, the more powerful you become with additional Perk abilities and bonus drops.
Here’s a list of all the rewards and bonuses you can earn.
“Sit idly by and you won’t last long; stay in the fight and reap the rewards. As the combo meter reaches certain multiplier milestones, the following Perks will stack up in your favor against the Cryptids’ never-ending attack.”
Perk (Combo Multiplier)
- Fast Hands (10)
- Increased Melee Damage (20)
- Better Traps (30)
- Gas Mask (40)
- Sleight of Hand (50)
- Stopping Power I (60)
- Steady Aim (70)
- Stalker (80)
- Revive Protection (90)
- Fast Health Regen (100)
- Marathon (110)
- More Cash (120)
- Stopping Power II (130)
- Agility (140)
- Extra Health (150)
- Feral Vision (160)
“In addition to Perks, periodically bonus packages will drop that can help get your team out of a jam, including:”
- Combo Freeze – Freeze the combo meter momentarily for all players
- Skill Upgrade – All players gain a Skill Point
- Grace Period – Add 30 seconds to the grace timer
- Self Revive – Pick yourself back up (one time use only)
- Bonus Score
- Bonus Cash
- Trophy System
- Hypno Knife
- Specialist – Unlimited ammo and Feral Vision for 15 seconds, plus extra bullet damage
- Tank – Taunt nearby Cryptids, plus 15 seconds of invulnerability
- Engineer – Lay a stasis field that Cryptids cannot enter for 15 seconds
- Medic – Emit an aura of healing and instant revive for 15 seconds
- Venom-X – Default Venom-X (Nightfall and Mayday only)
- Venom-X Fire – Fire variant of the Venom-X (Mayday only)
- Venom-X Lightning – Lightning variant of the Venom-X (Mayday only)
- Tesla Trap – Shock incoming Cryptids (Mayday only)
- Hypno Trap – Turn multiple Cryptids to your side (Mayday only)
- Stun Ammo – Stun ammo for the whole team. Persists for all guns once obtained.
- Incendiary Ammo – Incendiary ammo for the whole team. Persists for all guns once obtained.
- Explosive Ammo – Explosive ammo for the whole team. Persists for all guns once obtained.
- Armor Piercing Ammo – Armor Piercing ammo for the whole team. Persists for all guns once obtained.
Have you had a chance to try out the new mode? What are your thoughts so far?