A new update is now live for the PC version of Infinity Ward’s Call of Duty: Ghosts.
The patch notes aren’t very big, but the update does introduce some significant changes to Ghosts’ spawning system and weapon kill time.
For starters, players will now spawn in better locations when valid spawn spots are limited. Developers have also disabled the ability for Assault Rifles, Sub-Machine Guns, and Light Machine Guns to kill in two shots (one shot to the body and one shot to the head), increasing the time to kill in that particular scenario.
You’ll also find a number of miscellaneous fixes and Extinction updates in the patch notes below, which you’ll find below. We’re still awaiting word on when the update might hit other platforms, so stay tuned.
Call of Duty: Ghosts June 27 PC Update Notes
- Spawn system has an improved ability to select better spawns when valid spawn locations are limited.
- One shot to the body and one shot to the head is no longer a kill for ARs, SMGs and LMGs. Increases time to kill in this scenario
- Overall anti-cheat improvements.
- Replaced Hunted victor operations and requirements to work with Gun Game.
- Fixed 60 second match timer that could occur after playing a clan public playlist match then starting a Private Match with CODeSports disabled.
- Player class is now displayed in game above players’ heads along with their gamertag.
- Kastet rounds now explode at any distance.
- Fixed an issue where players that exceeded 10 minutes in Chaos mode would get lulls
- Fixed drill not respawning at last place picked up after falling off the map while carrying it.
- Fixed Gargoyle getting stuck in the air.
- Fixed issue that allowed the player to use an IMS with a propane tank to teleport outside of the map.
- Challenge adjustments and fixes.
- Balancing updates.
- Various bug fixes to improve stability and performance.
- Kills are now correctly displayed on the Player Stats comparison screens
Remember, Double XP is now on through the rest of the weekend for all platforms, so soak it up while you can.