Wondering what Ubisoft Reflections (Grow Up, Grow Home) have been up to? Well, the answer is Atomega, a newly-announced first-person shooter.
Though it’s part of a crowded genre, Atomega does things a little differently. I’ll let the trailer below do the talking:
The official site describes Atomega as “a supersized fight for fun and dominance at the end of the universe.” More info follows:
An online, multiplayer FPS devised in the same gameplay lab that brought you Grow Home and Grow Up. Collect mass to evolve into increasingly powerful Exoforms, from nimble to godlike OMEGA, and battle for supremacy through intense 10 minute rounds.
It is the very end of time. Reality dissolves like cotton candy in a puddle and all that exists are EXOFORMS, super advanced post-biological lifeforms; masters of matter and energy and the last, distant relative to man and machine. As the laws of physics slowly repeal the EXOFORMS fight for fun and dominance, replaying the final moments of the universe over and over in the last arena that will ever exist.
- 1st person retro-arena shooter. FIGHT LIKE IT’S THE END OF TIME!
- A single arena on the brink of destruction. MASTER YOUR LAST MOMENTS!
- Compete online with up to 8 players. COMPETE FOR GLORY!
- Collect Mass to evolve through 7 EXOFORMs from nimble ATOM to godlike OMEGA each with different strengths, weaknesses and tactical advantages. BIGGER IS BETTER!
- Sustain OMEGA form to dominate the arena. YOU ARE LIKE UNTO A GOD!
- Collect 10 HACKS to temporally boost your abilities. WHAT IS EVEN HAPPENING!
What do you think of Atomega? I want to give it a go! I grew pretty addicted to Slither.io/Agar.io, and this looks very similar, albeit a lot more visually satisfying!