Respawn Entertainment Community Manager Abbie Heppe presents Titanfall to a crowd of gamers in Australia at the EB Expo Arena, showing off some gameplay and talking about a few of the game’s features.
A lot of the footage has been seen before, but at about the 8:15 mark, Heppe goes into a few details about the game, a few of which you may or may not already know. You can check out the video for yourself, and view over some of the points she made below. Respawn CEO Vince Zampella also addresses the crowd through a new video at the 18:00 mark.
[youtube id=”v3z25fL8l7w” width=”618″ height=”378″]
- Wall running endlessly chains.
- Speed and momentum is is gained as you move through the map.
- Double jump resets with every wall you hit.
- Eliminates “camping”.
- There are multiple Titans, each with their own special abilities.
- Titans dash, instead of double jump and carry shoulder rockets.
- Vortex Blocker (redirects fire back at enemy) will hurt you if held for too long.
- Electrified Smoke will get enemy pilots off your back while damaging them.
- Controls and mechanics take “a minute to learn, a lifetime to master”.
Titanfall hits the PC, Xbox 360 and Xbox One Spring, 2014.