While Apex Legends got a huge patch that introduced a new legend and kicked off Season 2, it seems the Apex Legends next patch is scheduled to hit sometime next week (this coming week). Over on Reddit, Respawn announced that this along with a host of details on cheating in ranked mode.
We know reports of cheaters, especially in Ranked, have been a hot topic so this week we also wanted to provide a little visibility into some of the work that’s been going on behind the scenes to combat cheating:
- Using machine learning to create behavior models that detect and auto ban cheaters.
- Requiring TFA in certain regions on high risk accounts.
- Improving detection that identifies and bans new spam accounts before they are used.
- Ongoing work to adapt to new cheats.
- Matchmaking that matches detected cheaters and spammers together.
- Investigating how people party up for matches. Even if you are not specifically using a cheat, partying up with cheaters is still cheating.
- Increasing resources whether that be people or tech.
As we’ve said before, the war against cheaters will be ongoing and remains a high priority for us. There will always be work to do, improvements to make, and new things to adapt to. We’d like to thank the players that have been getting involved with helping us squash cheaters over the last week whether it be submitting reports or assisting with the vetting process for suspicious behavior.
If you encounter a cheater you can report them here. If you can please try to capture video proof as well.
Understand that we are not going to discuss the details of a specific ban with players on any public forums. If you feel that you have been wrongly banned you can appeal it here.
As for the Apex Legends next patch, here’s what Respawn had to say: