Excited for Apex Legends’ second season? Today, EA has revealed the first few Apex Legends Season 2 info, as well as an upcoming event for the game that starts this Tuesday!
While the full details on the Apex Legends Season 2 Battle Pass will be revealed on June 8 at 10 a.m. PST as part of the EA Play livestream, Respawn has touched on a fair bit of stuff set to come to the second season.
TL;DR on Just Some of the Coming Improvements
- Level up via Daily and Weekly Challenges.
- Time to Battle Pass level 100 should be significantly reduced.
- Three additional Legendary skins added to the rewards track.
- Three entirely new content categories replace badge and stat tracker rewards.
- You’ll earn enough Crafting Metal rewards from the full reward track to craft a Legendary item, or whatever your heart desires.
According to Respawn, starting in Season 2, players will be able to complete a mix of daily and weekly challenges to level up your Battle Pass. Even if you’re late, the weekly challenges will still be around for you to complete ’em. Don’t expect any “wacky challenges” that will drastically warp how you play Apex Legends, though.
Respawn has also mentioned that three Legendary items will be added to the Battle Pass, and there will be a new Legendary item every 25 Battle Pass level in the premium track (level 1, level 25, level 50, level 75, and level 100).
New Cosmetic Types and No Badge or Stat Tracker Rewards on Premium Path
We removed badges and basic stat trackers completely from the premium Battle Pass rewards track for Season 2. You’ll still get a seasonal badge, but it’ll be a single, evolving badge that won’t take up any additional reward slots! We’ve kept seasonal win trackers in the free path, and they will all be earnable in the first 10 levels.
You’ll also be able to earn items from three new content categories in place of badges/trackers. We’ll be revealing details about these categories closer to the launch of Season 2.
Earn Enough Crafting Metals for a Legendary Item
We’re replacing the Voice Lines with Crafting Metal rewards. You’ll now be able to earn enough Crafting Metals (1,200) to craft the Legendary item of your choosing. So, if there’s an existing item you’ve been coveting, you’ll be able to get it in Season 2. You can still get additional Crafting Metals from the various Apex Pack rewards in the Battle Pass as well.
For those who can’t wait for more things to do in Apex Legends, The Legendary Hunt event will kick off this Tuesday, and will last two weeks.
- Apex Elite Queue
- Test yourself against the best with the Apex Elite queue. Make it to the Top 5 in any match to earn your way into a select queue full of other Top 5 winners.
- Here’s the catch: in order to continue playing in the queue you will have to keep placing in the Top 5.
- Legendary Hunt Challenge Rewards
- Complete a set of limited-time challenges and earn new Rare, Epic, and Legendary skins.
- Double XP Weekend
- From Friday, June 7 at 10 a.m. PST through Monday, June 10 at 10 a.m. PST, earn double XP on base progression and Battle Pass progression.
- Battle Pass Bonus XP
- Finish Top 5 in any match and earn an entire Battle Pass level (once per day).
- Legendary Hunt Store Skins
- Every three to four days during the event, we’ll have new Legendary Hunt themed skins rotating through the in-game store for direct purchase.
- Two Additional Legendary Skins for all Battle Pass Owners
- Players who have the Wild Frontier Battle Pass will automatically get the Legendary Honored Prey R-301 skin.
- Players who reach Battle Pass level 15 before the end of the event will get the Wraith Night Terror Legendary skin.
Once we know more details regarding Season 2, we’ll let you know.