While Studio Wildcard has released an update for Ark Survival Evolved last week that brought in gameplay fixes, the studio has today released the Ark Survival Evolved update 2.50 March 1 patch, and it seems to be exclusive to the PS4 and PS5 versions of the game.
Unfortunately, this patch seems to have reverted the visual enhancements rolled out by the devs, though it’s for a good cause, as the studio has cited crashes and perfromance issues due to it.
Ark Survival Evolved Update 2.50 March 1 Patch Notes:
Current Version: v559.2 – 02/01/2021
- Reverted visual enhancements made for PS5/PS4 as they were causing stability issues (game would crash) and some performance dips in some cases. We’ll be looking to re-implement these visual enhancements in the future once we’ve resolved the stability and performance problems.
Note that this seems to be for the PlayStation versions only, as the Xbox versions still have this as the last changelog:
Current Version: v809.3 – 02/23/2021
- Can no longer ride unconscious Stego
- Fixed various map issues related to volumes and borders
- Ziplines will now check to see whether a character can actually fit into a space before allowing them to attach to the zipline
- Genesis Chronicles IV (Notes 16 – 20 have been added with the TEK Federation Gloves cosmetic)
That seens to be it. If we spot any other gameplay-related changes or fixes, we’ll update the post.
Source: Ark forums