Two and a half months after initial launch, Battleborn PvP players have something more to look forward to later this week. Gearbox Software’s latest title is finally getting three free new PvP maps this Thursday.
You can check out a small glimpse of each below as well as some keys notes about them:
Incursion Map – Monuments
“Ekkunar, the last large green planet in the universe, has always been highly contested by those fleeing the darkened universe. All five factions have attempted settlements and bases on the planet, vying for territory and resources.
On the Monuments map, your team’s goal is to stop other factions from settling within one of the largest Aztanti settlement ruins on Ekkunar. It will be a brutal fight to gain territory and drive the other team away before they can gain a foothold among the mysterious and powerful secrets of abandoned Aztanti technology.”
- There is a Skill Jump path over the middle of the map leads to your first sentry, and you’re going to want to defend this point aggressively. If left unguarded, agile enemy players can sneak in easily at this spot and get access to your sentry.
- A high ledge overlooks the Minion lane entering your first sentry, and is a perfect place for a long-rage character to dominate. As a bonus, there’s a nearby Shard that can be farmed when your sniper isn’t raining pain down from this perch.
- You’ll want to keep your Logistics nodes built and maintained to keep your Minion waves running at top speed.
- Keep an eye out for a back route to sneak into your enemy’s Boss Sentry area.
Meltdown Map – Outskirts
“Despite a planet-wide Thrall rebellion, Minrec has established a new recycling/appeasement facility in the lower city slums of the Jennerit planet, Tempest. Your team must race against the enemy to hurl minions into the incinerators and cause a meltdown to appease Minrec.”
- Key turrets in the backfield of the map become increasingly important during the second half of the match. Outskirts has very strong sightlines for these backfield buildables, so you’re going to want to keep them up and running.
- You’ll want to build your Super Minions before the enemy grinders move. Getting Super Minions all the way to the back grinders will be difficult.
- Make it a point to claim the second floor of the Mausoleum in the center of the Slums lane. It’s an easy point to defend, and gives you control over the lane if you own it.
Capture Map – Bliss
“The Peacekeeper Ocoban Mining Facility has been freed from Varelsi and Imperium control on the icy moon Bliss, thanks to the Battleborn! Now, race other teams to help rebuild the base by activating the energy collectors to re-power the facility. Look out, though! Winning reconstruction contracts can be a competitive and brutal affair!“
- On Snowblind, Point C is the most remote capture point but also the most important. It offers some of the strongest defense and longest sightlines into the rest of the map.
- For long-range characters, hanging out at Point C will give you a clear view of nearly half the map.
- If the enemy team owns Point C, use the bridge in the center map to pick them off with some long-range and careful shooting.
With the inclusion of new PvP maps, this also means that a new patch for Battleborn is set to hit very soon. If so, you can expect multiple QoL changes such as easier lore challenges for the majority of the cast and multiple buffs for them as well. You can read about them here.
Battleborn is available for the PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.