Today marks a special day for those who happen to be Premium members for Battlefield 1 or pre-ordered DICE Stockholm’s latest shooter. As of right now, a new update is now live for Battlefield 1 that includes the first post-launch DLC map in “Giant’s Shadow“.
Which also includes some game adjustments such as nerfing the Syringe gadget from the Medic class to where it now has a short cooldown to when it can be used again making it a bit harder to get those revive trains going. Alongside some adjustments, the December 13th update will also include some new additions to the game such as Spectator mode and the new grenade launcher gadget for the Support class.
Below you’ll find some of the highlights of the patch, or if you feel like reading the entirety of the patch notes you can do so here.
- We’ve added a short cool down between syringe uses and added the ability to ignore the cooldown if near an ammo crate. Together a Medic and a Support can team up to quickly revive a large amount of soldiers. The cool down is minor, and is intended to only prevent the near instant revive of several soldiers in a very short time. Reviving a single soldier is unaffected. We feel this is a good balance to prevent “revive trains” from a single Medic, while not reducing the usefulness of revive, with a bonus of additional teamplay.
- Reduced the range for the buckshot variants of the M97 Trench Gun, Model 10-A and Sawed Off Shotgun, reducing the maximum one-hit kill distance.
- M97 Trench gun added an extra pellet to all variants and slightly improved the damage drop-off for the Sweeper variant.
- Backbored shotgun variants had their range improved, as previously you took too big of a hit for the improved recoil.
- 12g Automatic increased the accuracy to allow users to make use of its high rate of fire more effectively.
- Martini-Henry Infantry:
- It is now affected by a 0.9 multiplier to the lower torso and upper arms and a 0.75 multiplier to the legs and forearms, like the other rifles with sweet-spot mechanics.
- Monte Grappa, Suez, Ballroom Blitz & Argonne Forest – Made tweaks to certain areas of the map where attackers had a very difficult time capturing specific sectors.
- Wrecked Airship parts left behind by a destroyed airship should no longer occasionally kill soldiers.
- Fixedrubber banding issues and non-smooth movement of airplanes in MP.
- Slightly adjusted the matchmaking ruleset for Operations to reduce the chance of entering an Operation that is about to end.
- Spectator Mode:
- In Spectator, players will be able to join a live BF1 match as an observer. From there, observers can switch between first-person and third-person camera views of all the players on the battlefield through our Player View mode, get an overhead bird’s eye view of the battlefield in Table Top mode, or fly a camera through the world using Free Cam mode.
Giant’s Shadow is available now for Premium members and those who pre-ordered the game. For those who didn’t, you will have to wait till December 20th.