Here’s some good news for gamers: Treyarch has announced that the Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War beta end date has been changed, as it’s now been extended for a day! This was announced by Treyarch over on Twitter, and was made due to the community cracking the PawnTakesPawn puzzle.
— Treyarch Studios (@Treyarch) October 17, 2020
🚨OPEN BETA EXTENDED🚨
Thanks to the code-breaking efforts of our incredible community, an extra day of the #BlackOpsColdWar Beta has been unlocked!
The Beta will now end on Oct 20th at 10am PT. pic.twitter.com/Mu7FC0F4hR
— FaZe Call of Duty (@CallofDuty) October 17, 2020
As you can see, the new Black Ops Cold War beta end date is now October 20 at 10 a.m. PT/1 p.m/ ET/1 a.m HKT!
In addition to that, Treyarch rolled out a Black Ops Cold War beta game settings update (servers-side patch), that raised the level cap and loads more. Here’s the new patch notes for today’s update (via Treyarch):
Control joins the Quick Play selection of 6v6 modes today in the Crossplay Open Beta. We’re excited to bring back this Black Ops 4 fan-favorite, where opposing teams fight to capture or defend two objectives on the map or wipe out the other team before running out of lives.
Each team of up to six players has 30 lives distributed among the team, injecting a new layer of strategy for both attacking and defending teams. Jump into Control this weekend on Cartel, Miami, and Moscow and let us know what you think.
LEVEL CAP INCREASE
All players now have access to the following by reaching level 40:
- RPD light machine gun
- RPG-7 launcher
- Magnum pistol + more
- Air Patrol
- Chopper Gunner
- Perk Greed
- FIELD UPGRADE
- Fireteam: Dirty Bomb
- Reduced the chances that players will join a match already in progress.
- Reduced the spawn frequency of the Hind.
- Reduced the drop rates of War Machine and Attack Helicopter Scorestreaks.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when players joined a Fireteam: Dirty Bomb match and were assigned an invalid team.
- Fixed a crash that could occur in Fireteam: Dirty Bomb if a player disconnected while depositing Uranium.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when killing other players while in a vehicle that was just destroyed.
- Fixed an issue where the Gunsmith button could be missing after selecting a new weapon.
- Prevented the player’s name from being displayed in the Barracks menu if Real ID was enabled in Battle.net.
Don’t forget, aside from the new stuff, double XP and double weapon XP are now live in the game as well! We’ll be posting our beta impressions soon, so watch out for that.