Diablo 4? Yeah, this is definitely for Diablo 4, right??
Coming as a surprise to no one, Blizzard Entertainment is working on new Diablo games. This was confirmed by the recent job listings by the studio, where various roles have opened up.
Blizzard is hiring for an Associate Producer, with the listing stating the following:
The Diablo team is looking for a highly organized individual with outstanding communication, and project management skills. Self-direction and follow-up skills are a must, as well as the ability to anticipate production issues, and find effective solutions. The candidate must enjoy seeing a project from inception to completion and delivering games with the highest quality.
· Liaise with different departments to facilitate interdisciplinary communication.
· Work with department leads to define feature requirements, determine resource needs, and establish task schedules.
· Coordinate and track the activities of personnel to ensure that project tasks are well-defined and completed on time.
· Provide motivation and organization to ensure that project goals, objectives, milestones, and deliverables are achieved.
· Facilitate discussion and record-keeping for team and department meetings.
· Assist the production team with administrative and organizational tasks as necessary.
· Support and take direction from production leadership.
Blizzard is also looking for a Creative Director as well.
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a seasoned creative director to join our Diablo team as we look to the future! The ideal candidate will understand the core of what makes the Diablo universe resonate with players, and will be able to collaborate with art and design to rally around a consistent vision of world, story, and tone. Additionally, the candidate will possess an exceptional ability to inspire large teams and pitch and evangelize ideas as part of a larger-scale creative framework.
- Inspire and align the team around creative goals
- Ensure consistency of creative vision across art, story, design, and cinematics
- Run kickoffs for new content ideas
- Develop key story outlines and content briefs to guide art and content creation
- Interface with external groups to ensure consistency of vision outside the game
- Help steer strategic creative decisions at a franchise level
Mind, we don’t know if this is for Diablo IV or maybe Diablo III DLC or something else. Also, given how notoriously long Blizzard makes their games, we could be seeing a lot more hirings before any actual news come out.
At least we know Diablo is alive and well at the studio, no?