Heads up! Gearbox has rolled out the Borderlands 3 hotfix today for August 12, and this is a server-side hotfix (no download required). Players will automatically apply the patch once they connect to the game’s servers. This hotfix is for the Loot the Universe event, and there’s a full five-weeks of activities and rewards for players.
Borderlands 3 Hotfix Today August 12 Patch Notes | Borderlands 3 August 12 Update Patch Notes:
Loot the Universe is BACK! Today’s changes to Borderlands 3 activate the Loot the Universe event as part of the Borderlands 3 Second Anniversary Celebration, and address some reported concerns of some weapons sometimes not dropping from their loot source. Each week during Loot the Universe, Borderlands 3’s planets will take turns of having even better drops, with specific types of Legendary loot having increased chance of dropping in one of that planet’s zones.
Maurice’s Black Market Vending Machine will be moving to a new location on Thursdays at 9:00 AM PT / 12:00 PM ET and is activated with a hotfix.
These changes will be live on all platforms by 12:00 PM PT. To apply hotfixes, wait at the main menu until you see a sign that reads, “Hotfixes Applied!” If you are experiencing any issues or want to provide feedback, please submit a ticket to support.2k.com.
- Activated the Loot the Universe mini-event on Pandora until 8:59 AM PT on August 19
- Addressed a reported concern that Tom & Xam were sometimes not dropping Soulrender
- Addressed a reported concern that Aurelia was sometimes not dropping Juliet’s Dazzle
There are five weeks of mini-events lined up, and you can check the entire schedule and more below straight from the press release!
Borderlands 3 Loot the Universe Schedule:
- Week 1 (9:00 AM PT August 12 to 8:59 AM PT August 19) – Pandora;
- Week 2 (9:00 AM PT August 19 to 8:59 AM PT August 26) – Promethea;
- Week 3 (9:00 AM PT August 26 to 8:59 AM PT September 2) – Eden-6;
- Week 4 (9:00 AM PT September 2 to 8:59 AM PT September 9) – Nekrotafeyo.
The fun doesn’t stop after your galactic tour! Starting September 9 at 9:00 AM PT, two more mini-events commence in tandem (and conclude one week later): Mayhem Made Mild, where you’ll only encounter Easy modifiers in Mayhem Mode; and Show Me the Eridium, which grants increased Eridium drops and Eridium item discounts. We have even more planned for the big day on September 13, but we don’t want to spoil the surprise just yet. Expect to see more details closer to Borderlands 3’s second birthday.