It’s the weekend, but that hasn’t stopped Treyarch (via Reddit) from rolling out yet another Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 game settings update, which is now out on all platforms! As expected, this latest hotfix, server-side update brings with it, Operation: First Strike, and the Black Market!
The Black Market is also now live across all platforms starting today, granting all players access to hundreds of cosmetic items by progressing through our first Contraband collection, Operation: First Strike. Earn your way across a full season of rewards in Multiplayer and Blackout, including new Signature Weapons, Gestures, Outfits, Calling Cards, Tags, Stickers, Blackout characters, and more.
Here are the list of changes that are reflected on the game today.
- Black Market
- Black Market and Operation: First Strike now live on all platforms.
- Resolved a delay in displaying Black Market reward images in the After Action Report.
- General stability fixes and improvements across Multiplayer, Zombies, and Blackout.
- Black Market
- Doubled the bleed-out timer on the last zombie per round from 5 to 10 minutes.
- Increased the XP earn rate in solo and 2-player matches.
- Reduced frequency of Hellhounds that spawn on mixed rounds in Blood of the Dead and Classified.
- Increased maximum unique Elixir usage per round from 3 to 4.
- Decreased cooldown time on Common, Rare, Legendary, and Epic Elixirs.
- Decreased effective time on Aftertaste Elixir.
- Reduced effectiveness of Head Scan Elixir.
- Increased cooldown time on Classic Elixirs to balance increased last zombie bleed-out time.
- Adjusted cooldown for all Elixirs in Rush Mode.
- Corrected the Elixir cooldown reduction effect granted by the Time Slip Perk.
- Resolved an issue preventing players from completing the “Coming Through” Challenge.
- Resolved an issue where the “Up Close” and “Death Slider” Prestigious Challenges would reward the same Calling Card.
- Resolved a crash that occurred when triggering Brain Rot on underwater Zombies.
- Resolved an issue where joining a match after a round switch would record a Loss if your team lost the match.
- Resolved an issue preventing the Reactive Camo for the GKS Damascus from properly unlocking.
- Resolved an issue allowing the Access Denied Camo for the Strife to display as brighter than intended.
We’ve also made the following update specific to PC:
- Improved connection stability during loading screens.
We’re also working on the following items for future updates:
- Zombies Nebulium Plasma
- The Zombies team is planning to increase the earn rate for Nebulium Plasma across the board in an upcoming game update. Keep an eye on the patch notes soon!
- Zombies XP Earn Rates
- The earn rate for Zombies XP on Hardened and Realistic difficulties will also be increased in a future update, to help ensure our most intrepid zombie slayers are rewarded for their efforts.
- Splitscreen Pausing in Zombies
- We have heard the whispered prayers of high-round couch co-op players in need of a bathroom break! The ability to pause a local Zombies match in splitscreen is in the works.
- Mastery Camos in Zombies
- As mentioned previously, we’re working on enabling Mastery Camos unlocked in Multiplayer to be applied to weapons in Zombies. Stay tuned.
In addition to the changes, the Black Ops 4 Halloween event will go live tomorrow across platforms, which will add a time-limited second stream to the Black Market with seasonal cosmetics.
Don’t forget that we’ll be getting a major update (read: patch) next week which will include a balance pass for weapons.
If your game client is stuck in the “game settings” screen, we’ve outlined a super easy fix right here.