Call of Duty: Ghosts on the PC may be the best looking version of the three platforms that the game currently resides on, but that’s not to say it’s without its problems.
Many PC users have reported issues relating to poor optimization of the PC version of Ghosts, resulting in wonky mouse acceleration problems, constant frame rate drops, and stuttering issues here and there. You may or may not have experienced a combination of some of these.
Courtesy of PCGamer, there are a few tips and trick you can try out to better optimize your experience on the PC that we’ve listed out below. If it’s for you, try them in order without proceeding any further if any of the points happened to fix your issue.
If you are experiencing any of these bugs, let us know in the comments, did any of these tips work for you?
- Ensure Mouse Acceleration is turned off in the main menu.
- Disable programs that add overlays like Fraps, and the Steam overlay.
- Players on the COD: Ghosts Steam forums have reported that they’ve also had luck reducing the polling rate of their mice to 250Hz.
- A useful config tweak from PC Gaming Wiki: Change seta r)elevatedPriority “1” to seta r)elevatedPriority “0” in the config_mp.cfg file, found in Steam -> SteamApps -> common -> Call of Duty Ghosts -> players2
Stuttering and Frame Rate Drops
- Where ever you can, switch graphics options, including the display ratio, away from “auto” to better match your rig.
- If your machine can handle Ghosts easily, try using extra settings with a defined aspect ratio to improve visual quality.
- Open Task Manager, right click on iw6mp64_ship.exe and set priority to “normal”.
- On Windows 8.1, go to mouse options in your Control Panel and ensure that Enhance Pointer Precision and Acceleration options are off.
- Go to video options in-game and try running Ghosts in Windowed (no border) mode.
- You may also consider using the COD FPS unlocker at your own risk.
FOV and RAM Requirements
- There are a few fixes for Ghosts’ locked field-of view – programs like Fovely, for example – but caution is strongly urged as tweaks like this could result in multiplayer bans.