With a strong PC presence at Gamescom this year and 36 rigs at the nVidia booth running Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 multiplayer, Treyarch is sharing how they hope to deliver the best experience possible to PC gamers this fall.
“Treyarch’s PC team has been hard at work developing PC specific features and optimizations for Call of Duty®: Black Ops 3 on PC,” Director of Communications & Social Media John Rafacz wrote in a recent blog post. “We’re focused on delivering performance for the widest range of hardware possible, while being able to scale on high-end rigs.”
He went on to list some of the features gamers can expect in the PC version of the game, launching on November 6, including 100% ranked dedicated servers and 2-player split screen.
- 100% Ranked Dedicated Servers
- 2-Player Split Screen
- Seamless Game Controller Support
- Strong GPU scaling, SLI and Crossfire Optimizations, and 4K monitor support make the game look and run great at full 4K resolution
- FOV Slider
- Framerate Cap Slider
- Improved Text Chat features available in-game and also now in lobbies.
- Fantastic Steam Trading Cards – collect them all!
- Treyarch Anti-Cheat (TAC)
In the post, Rafacz also re-stated Black Ops 3’s PC minimum specifications, which were shared earlier this year, adding that recommended specs are still being evaluated as the studio adds more optimizations and advanced graphics features. “Rest assured that our goal is to provide the best performance across the widest range of machines possible,” he said.
Here’s a reminder of Black Ops 3’s minimum specs on PC.
- Operating System: Windows 7 64-Bit / Windows 8 64-Bit / Windows 8.1 64-Bit
- Processor: Intel® Core™ i3-530 @ 2.93 GHz / AMD Phenom™ II X4 810 @ 2.60 GHz
- Memory: 6 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 470 @ 1GB / ATI® Radeon™ HD 6970 @ 1GB
- DirectX: Version 11
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Sound Card: DirectX Compatible
Yesterday, Treyarch hosted a special Black Ops 3 eSports event, showcasing all of the new competitive Arena features coming to the shooter this fall while showcasing a few pro competitive matches on PlayStation 4. Watch it here if you missed it.