Starting tomorrow, Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 players will be treated to the new Operation hitting the game called Apocalypse Z. While we’ve already seen gameplay footage of the upcoming new season that promises to bring a ton of new stuff to the shooter, Treyarch has now outlined the Black Ops 4 Apocalypse Z content in every specific mode.
For a quick look at what’s coming, check out the image below.
- New Specialist: Reaper
- New Game Mode: Sticks & Stones
- New Maps (Black Ops Pass):
- Der Schatten
- Havana (Black Ops Flashback)
- New Alt Map: Jungle Flooded
- + More
- New Map Updates:
- The Haunting Fog – An apocalyptic transformation to the main map.
- Alcatraz: Nightfall – The prison island under the cover of darkness.
- New Game Modes
- Quads Fog – A limited-time Quads playlist where cloudy skies hang over an ominous fog.
- Alcatraz Portals Horde – An Alcatraz game mode with more Zombies enemy types that spawn throughout the map.
- New Weapons/Equipment
- New Playable Characters:
- M. Shadows
- Danny Trejo
- New Experience: “Alpha Omega”
- New Elixirs:
- Head Drama
- Phoenix Up
- New Perk: Blood Wolf Bite
- + More
- 40 new Contraband stream Tiers
- Zombies-themed Specialist outfits
- New Mastercrafts and MKII Weapons
- Earnable Ultra Weapon Bribe
- + More
Reaper is a heavily armed robotic Specialist that utilizes explosive firepower to gain the upper hand. Reaper’s Special Issue Weaponry is the Scythe – a high-damage machine gun with explosive rounds and a fast fire rate that also inflicts a suppression status effect to nearby enemies. Reaper’s Special Issue Equipment, the Radar Shroud, is a deployable jamming device that conceals an area on enemy mini-maps. This equipment allows Reaper and his teammates to operate undetected within the Shroud’s radius. Reaper is available at Tier 1 of the Operation, and will be playable in Multiplayer once unlocked.
New Multiplayer weapons in the Black Market this Operation include:
- Reaver C86: A semi-auto crossbow that kills on impact.
- Argus: A precision lever-action shotgun returning from Black Ops III.
- Backhander: A disembodied zombie arm that functions as a one-hit kill melee weapon.
New Black Market Gear:
The Operation Contraband stream will contain 40 predefined Tiers lasting through the first half of the Operation, followed by a new stream to cover the second half. The Contraband stream will also include an earnable Ultra Weapon Bribe. Ultra Weapon Bribes guarantee one new ranged Black Market weapon and two Reserve Cases. If you already own a variant of all Black Market weapons, Ultra Weapon Bribes will award an additional Black Market weapon variant.
In addition to new weapons, the Black Market holds new zombies-themed epic character outfits, new MKII weapons, Legendary weapon camos, and more. Here’s an overview of all the goods in Operation Apocalypse Z:
- 40 Tiers: Preview all the earnable rewards in the first half of the Operation on day one.
- New Specialist: Reaper is available at Tier 1 and playable in Multiplayer and Blackout once unlocked.
- New Black Market Weapons: The Argus shotgun, Reaver C86 semi-auto Crossbow, and Backhander melee weapon.
- New Blackout Characters: Russman, M. Shadows, and Danny Trejo.
- New MK II Weapons: Available in Reserves, find MKII Weapons for the Mog 12, Saug 9mm, and Vendetta.
- New Mastercrafts: The “Wundergewehr 115” for the Koshka is available at Tier 20 of the Contraband stream and the “Imaginator” for the Daemon 3XB is in Reserves. If the “Imaginator” is acquired by a player who doesn’t own the Daemon 3XB, it will serve as a functional ranged weapon, effectively adding the Daemon 3XB to the player’s Armory.
- New Weapon Camos: The green “Derezzed”, post-apocalypse dust “Smoke Blast”, and the out-of-this-world ‘Time Out’ camo.
- New Specialist Outfits: Zombies-inspired Specialist’s outfits include “The Prepper” for Spectre, “The Cheerleader” for Outrider, and “The Waitress” for Zero amongst others. Also, new Legendary outfits like “Fossil” for Firebreak, “Ritual” for Prophet, and more can be found in the Contraband stream and in Reserves.
- New Weapon Charms: Available in Reserves, equip the latest Weapon Charms before you head into battle like “Pillow Talk”, “Just Peachy”, and “Byte Me”.
- New Death Effects: Add something extra when you take down enemies with new Death Effects – “Black Hole” and “Magma”.
- New Gestures: Bust a move with new gestures “Breakin’ For Beats” and “Nooice”.
- New Jump Pack: Equip the “Night Terror” jump pack to drop into Blackout in epic Zombies fashion.
- Blackjacks’ Reserves: Operation Apocalypse Z Reserve items include the Vendetta MKII, Argus, M. Shadows, Specialist outfits such as Battery’s “Kaleidoscope”, and more.
For Black Ops Pass owners, there will be three multiplayer maps and a new Zombie experience coming for you. Same as before, a dedicated Map Pack Moshpit will be rolled out as one of the featured playlists, and the maps will be part of the regular rotation in Core and Hardcore.
For the full details on the maps, Zombies (Alpha Omega) and more, check ’em out here.