It’s day #7 of the Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Blackout beta, and Treyarch just dropped a bomb for everyone! The studio has rolled out a different kind of Black Ops 4 Blackout event, and it’s a doozy! It has brought the Blightfather from the game’s zombie experience to battle royale!
Check out the complete list of changes and more below (via Reddit):
It’s Day 7 of the Blackout Beta, and we’ve got a new surprise in store for everyone. Today’s update brings a terrifying new game event to the Graveyard, just south of the Asylum.
A new horror seeks to destroy all who approach its domain. The Blightfather has been temporarily transported from the upcoming Zombies experience, IX, to the proving grounds of Blackout. Great rewards await those ready to challenge themselves…
In addition to the Black Ops 4 Blackout event, the studio has also listed a set of their favorite tops, and even addressed some of the biggest community hot topics. And of course, same as in other days, a few tweaks and changes have been made, too!
Game Update Changes (Global):
- Blightfather event added (all playlists)
- Removed Close Quarters Frenzy from available playlists
- General stability fixes
We’ve also made the following general updates to PC:
- General stability and UI fixes
- Fixed various controller issues
- Fixed Inventory issues when disconnecting from the server
Tracked Hot Topics:
- Crashes/Performance Issues on PC: With so many variables at play on the PC platform, we’re always tracking and investigating new reports of crashes and other issues on PC. As we mentioned yesterday, your new best friend is u/TreyarchPC on Reddit and @TreyarchPC on Twitter for all PC-specific updates. Please keep an eye out for those here on r/BlackOps4.
- Xbox Button: We’ve gotten reports that some Xbox One users may lose controller input after pressing the Xbox Button while playing the Blackout Beta. We’re aware of this issue and will have it fixed for launch.
- Mystery Box: Some players have asked about the precise interaction between the blue column of light on the map and the Mystery Box. In the Beta, the light denotes that Zombies have spawned at that location. Players must kill the last zombie in an area for the next box to spawn. At launch, the Mystery Box will initially spawn at Zombies-themed locations and will appear to be locked. Once the last zombie is killed that area, the box will unlock and can be looted. Write that one down for October 12th.
- Redeploy: It’s been suggested that we allow players to Redeploy when the game is over for their team without needing to go back to the lobby. We like this idea too, and have added it to the To Do list for evaluation.
- Locked On: When an enemy fires a locked-on missile at your vehicle, you will hear an alert that increases in speed as the missile closes in on your vehicle. Use this alert to know when it’s time to bail.
- Base Jump: Redeploy your Wingsuit by sprinting and jumping off a ledge while holding the jump button for a short period of time. Make sure you’ve got enough room. You won’t deploy the Wingsuit if you aren’t up high enough. Great locations to base jump from include the road atop the Hydro Dam, the open floors in the skyscraper at Construction Site, and the main Fracking Tower. It’s a skill well worth developing.
- Extended Barrel: The Extended Barrel Attachment increases the muzzle velocity of the weapon that it’s attached to. This means you’ll see less bullet drop and longer effective ranges.
- Zombie Power: Zombies become stronger with each stage of the Collapse. This means they’ll soak up more damage as the match progresses. You’ve been warned.
- Wingsuit Like A Pro: During initial deployment, the Altimeter shown on the right of the screen will display three arrows once you’ve reached maximum possible speed (about 71 m/s). If you wish to travel the maximum distance possible, point straight down at the ground and hit maximum speed for a brief amount of time. Then, pull up to be nearly horizontal with the ground below to cover the most distance. Continue to hold forward on the left stick, or you’ll stall and fall short of your intended Destination.
- Underwater: When underwater, you will gasp for air a few seconds before you start taking damage due to lack of oxygen. Dive to the surface when you hear the gasps to prevent taking damage.
- Re-Armor Up: The Armor icon on your HUD will show its current status through damage states. If your Armor looks heavily damaged, it’s probably best to replace it with the next fresh Armor you come across. As we mentioned in an earlier update, players will see an Armor Health Bar that appears above their own Health Bar in the HUD in the launch version of the game.
Stay tuned to MP1st’s impressions of Blackout soon. In the meantime, make sure to check out our Black Ops 4 hub for the latest game news.