Treyarch has released yet another Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 hotfix (server-side update) today, and it brings the Saug 9mm SMG back to its former glory. Seraph’s Annihilator ability gets nerfed, and more.
Weapon Tuning Changes: Saug 9mm and Annihilator
As we set the stage for CWL Fort Worth on March 15-17, we wanted to make sure the Saug 9mm could help the SMG class stand up against assault rifles in competitive play. With today’s update, we’re increasing the Saug 9mm’s ADS move speed when using the Stock attachment back to pre-1.13 patch levels.
Similarly, we’ve seen Seraph’s Annihilator shut down entire teams too efficiently in the right hands during competitive play. As of today’s update, we’ve made a balancing pass to reduce the Annihilator’s firing rate and earn rate to bring it more in line with the rest of the Specialist Weapons included in the latest CWL ruleset. These updates take effect in Multiplayer and League Play on all platforms starting today.
CWL and League Play Ruleset Updates
We’ve also gathered feedback from players across the COD World League and have decided to add Zero to the playable Specialist list in the CWL ruleset, starting with today’s update. Zero’s EMP and Ice Pick deliver a new layer of strategy to competitive play as a counter to some of the more powerful Scorestreaks and Equipment on the battlefield, and we’re excited to see how her tools come into play at CWL Fort Worth.
We’ve also added the Drone Squad, Sniper’s Nest, and Strike Team to the list of restricted Scorestreaks in the CWL ruleset based on additional player feedback regarding AI-controlled Scorestreaks. Zero will have fewer chances to hack Scorestreaks in competitive play as a result, with more of the action focusing on pure gunplay.
Lastly, we’ve heard the community’s requests for punishments against teamkillers in League Play with today’s update, as players will now be kicked from the game after multiple intentional teamkills. Play nice or go back to pubs, folks.
To summarize, the following changes will be reflected in competitive play starting today and at CWL Fort Worth on March 15-17:
- Saug 9mm ASD move speed increased when using the Stock attachment
- Annihilator fire rate and earn rate reduced
- Zero added as playable Specialist
- Drone Squad, Sniper’s Nest, and Strike Team Scorestreaks now restricted
- Players will now be kicked for repeated intentional teamkilling in League Play
- Hot Pursuit now live in Blackout on all platforms
- Saug 9mm tuning changes in Multiplayer
- Annihilator tuning changes in Multiplayer and Blackout
- Zero added as playable Specialist to in competitive play
- Drone Squad, Sniper’s Nest, and Strike Team Scorestreaks now restricted in competitive play
- Players are now kicked for intentional teamkilling in League Play Events
- Outrider’s Outfit Unlock mission now available in Blackout on Xbox One and PC
- Additional support for new “MKII” weapons added to Zombies on Xbox One and PC
- Weapon Tuning
- Saug 9mm
- Stock: Increased ADS move speed to pre-1.13 patch values.
- Saug 9mm
- Reduced Annihilator fire rate.
- Reduced Annihilator earn rate.
- Increased Tac-Deploy insertion score from +15 to +30 points.
World League Hub
- League Play
- CWL Ruleset Updates
- Zero added to playable Specialist list in CWL ruleset.
- Drone Squad, Sniper’s Nest, and Strike Team Scorestreaks are now restricted in CWL ruleset.
- Players are now kicked for intentional teamkilling in League Play.
- CWL Ruleset Updates
- Weapon Tuning
- Reduced fire rate.
- Addressed a visual issue with weapons equipped with Gold Master Camo that have been acquired from the Mystery Box.
Xbox One and PC:
- Hot Pursuit
- Hot Pursuit added as the Featured Playlist.
- 3 new vehicles added: SUV, PBR, and Muscle Car, as well as police variants of the helicopter and ATV.
- New vehicles have special abilities to give players a competitive advantage at the risk of greater exposure.
- Muscle Cars have the ability to spot nearby Supply Stashes and Supply Drops.
- Police vehicles have built-in Sensor Dart functionality when their police sirens are activated, as well as the ability to detect enemy-occupied Muscle Cars.
- Supply Stashes and Supply Drops occur more frequently than normal.
- Players respawn with each circle collapse as long as one teammate is still alive when the next Collapse occurs. Respawns are disabled at the final Collapse.
- Players respawn with an MX9 and Armor.
- Last team standing wins the game.
- Outfit Unlock Missions
- “The Numbers” Outfit Unlock mission now available by finding the Tactical Cap and completing the mission requirements.
- Additional “MKII” Weapon Support
- Added support for new “MKII” weapons in Zombies (Swat RFT, Daemon 3XB, KAP 45).
What do you think needs tweaked in terms of weapons and abilities next?