In what seems to be a late (or early) April Fools’ joke, a ludicrous new mode in which players fight, not with weapons but with gestures, has been added to Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare.
Yep, you read that right! In “Gesture Warfare,” your gun selection doesn’t matter.
Here’s how the mode works:
• Score limit: 20
• 9 predetermined gestures are given to each player in random order. You’ll notice we also replace your menu selected gesture in this mode too.
• What are the gestures you get to use?
- Head Crush
- Bang Bang
- You’re Dead
- Jackal Toy
- R-C8 Toy
- Light It Up
• Every kill with a gesture (or by launching the Flick Black Hole) will cycle to another gesture, like Gun Game
• Not only will you have gestures at your disposal, you’ll also be able to scavenge ammo after getting 1 kill per life. You’ll also have a lethal Throwing Knife. But why add weapons? We want you to play how you want, but with the option of using gestures and the normal combat you’re used to. Also, different gestures have different times to kill, so you’ll still be able to be effective when you get caught in surprise combat situations
• How do you use the gestures? Two ways. You can use the D-pad, which most of you are already comfortable using or you can also use your tactical grenade button
• Why is this a thing? Because we like creating things and well…lunch conversations tend to spark a lot of cool ideas, especially when it’s about how fun it would be to eliminate an enemy with the Bang Bang gesture 😉
• Pro tip! Using the D-pad to kill with a gesture will circumvent the 5 second lethal delay at the start of a match!
Curious? Check out the trailer below:
Sometimes words are not enough. Show the enemy what’s up in Gesture Warfare, a featured mode in Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare.
Gesture Warfare will go live from today, September 22 through to Monday, September 25.
Will you be trying out this wacky new mode?