If you’re playing the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare alpha, you might have noticed a quick “download” initiate when you boot the game up, and it’s a server-side update! In the Modern Warfare alpha update today, Infinity Ward has added a new map, and a host of other fixes!
Modern Warfare alpha update today patch notes:
Fixes That Are Currently Live:
- Docks: A new 2v2 map is now in rotation! When we pushed the playlist update live earlier today, players were unable to connect to online services as a result. As of now, connection issues should be recovering, so thank you all for your patience as we worked through this.
- M19 Pistol: Damage increased at longer ranges (now a minimum 5 shot kill instead of 6)
- Improved Idle Player Handling (AFK): If at the end of a match you have not touched your controller within two rounds, you’ll be removed from matchmaking.
- Improved matchmaking for solo microphone users – you’re now much more likely to find a teammate with a microphone.
In addition to that, a new map named Stack is set to roll out tomorrow as well as a new Gunfight variant.
Lastly, Infinity Ward has also outlined some of the changes they’re working on:
Feedback We’re Working On:
This doesn’t begin to cover all of the feedback you’ve sent us of course, but here are some updates on a few we’ve frequently been seeing.
- Settings not saving in the options menu: This can be resolved by making sure you aren’t logged in with multiple PSN accounts or profiles.
- Audio Mix: While in the Audio tab of the Settings menu, you can set your mix preset and adjust some basic volume tuners. We recommend using Headphone 1, TV1, or Infinity Ward Mix for the best experience.
- Player and Enemy Footsteps: Audio for first-person footsteps has been lowered and falloff audio for enemy footsteps has been raised. You’ll hear these changes in the upcoming Beta.
- Look Sensitivity: The default setting is currently set at Medium 3. Make sure you jump into your settings and adjust your sensitivity to fit your playstyle before heading into a match.
- Enemy Nameplate Visibility: We’ve seen a lot of comments about how the enemy nameplate is sometimes visible behind cover and can make shooting at long distances a bit distracting. This is something we’re keeping an eye on and will continue to monitor as we move towards Beta.
- Black and White Screen At Low Health: In Gunfight, you only have one life and no health regeneration. If you’ve been hit and are at less than 25 health, your screen will flash black and white to visually show you that your life could end fairly quickly with another blow.
- “Proper English Welcome!” : This dialogue is currently playing too frequently at the beginning of each match. We’ll be tuning this to happen less often during the Beta.
- Keyboard and Mouse Settings: These settings are not fully fleshed out in the Alpha. You’ll have more options, including key binding, when we hit the Beta in September.
- Matchmaking and Faction Names Are Barely Visible: While in matchmaking, the text for “Searching for a Match” along with both Faction names are barely visible in the lobby. These will be easier to read in the Beta.
- Scopes on Shotguns: They can be pretty powerful, especially from across the map. The one you’re playing with in Gunfight, the 725, is a longer barrel shotgun with a tighter shot pattern. We’ll update the text in the loadout menu to reflect that it has a much longer range than a regular shotgun.
Make sure to keep an eye out for our Modern Warfare alpha impressions (review) hitting the site soon!