Sledgehammer Games has just revealed its recommended loadout and tips for the new Call of Duty: Vanguard Desolation map. The new map is launching alongside the Mercenaries of Fortune Reloaded midseason update on July 27.
The new Call of Duty: Vanguard Desolation map will test players’ combat skills in a mountainous village in the Pacific. Up and personal close-combat will be inescapable as players find themselves faced with tight interiors, thin walkways, and cramped alleys.
This is the recommended loadout according to the new Call of Duty blog:
Primary Weapon: Vargo-S
Key Attachments: SMLE Pistol Grip, 7.62X54MMR 60 Round Drums, Pine Tar Grip, FMJ Rounds
Perks: Ghost, Engineer, Ninja
The new Call of Duty blog also has 10 tips for players before jumping into the new Call of Duty: Vanguard Desolation map. Here are the main points, abbreviated:
- Learn the map. It may seem chaotic, but knowing its intricate design will give you an advantage.
- Stick to the sides. The map from the middle is as confusing as a maze, be prepared for long-range combat and try to stick to the western path as it is particularly clear.
- Avoid being on the ground. It is possible to stay above ground all game, this will help you avoid cramped alleyways.
- Use the Jammer field upgrade. It can be devastating, especially in the Central Ruins.
- Use Dead Silence as it will help you move with the frequent engagements with the enemies.
- Use Molotov Coktails, Grenades, and MK V Gas. They will interrupt the enemy’s progress through key pathways, giving you control of the fight.
The new Call of Duty: Vanguard Desolation map is launching alongside the Mercenaries of Fortune Reloaded mid-season update on July 27. The game is now available for purchase on the PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, and PC.