Ahead of its launch tomorrow, Raven Software has released a rundown of Call of Duty Warzone Operation Monarch, the new limited time event dropping in-game tomorrow! Check out the details on the new event below and find out how you can align yourself with these legendary titans.
- Related Reading: CoD Black Ops Cold War May 6 Update Adds Jungle, UGR & Lazar
Their Fate. Our Fight. Welcome to Operation Monarch
The Monster of All Battles is here.
From May 11 to May 25, Call of Duty: Warzone Operators can stand toe-to-toe with Kong and Godzilla in the Operation Monarch limited-time mode.
This mode shares a name with the Operation Monarch event, which offers rewards for participating in matches, collecting Monarch Intel, completing challenges, and even buying limited-time Monsterverse Bundles inspired by Godzilla vs. Kong.
Here’s the tale of the tape for the two titans coming in Operation Monarch of Call of Duty Warzone tomorrow:
Monarch Designation: GODZILLA
Scientific Classification: TITANUS GOJIRA
Height: 393 Feet
Known Attacks: Heat Ray Breath, Tail Swipe, Dorsal Slice
Tail Length: 582 Feet
Top Tail Swipe Speed: 89 MPH
Underwater Cruising Speed: 40-50 Knots
Volume of Roar: Up To 174 dB
Blood Volume: 530,000 Gallons
Tensile Strength of Bone: 3,000 MPS (Megapascal)
Heat Ray Energy Yield: 315 Trillion Joules
The King of the Monsters has risen from the darkest depths of the ocean to unleash his devastating breath and thunderous roar on unsuspecting shores.
No one — not even the secretive monster defense agency Monarch — knows why Godzilla is so enraged, attacking cities around the world.
His latest target is Caldera, patrolling around the island and using his Heat Ray Breath haphazardly.
This deadly beam of energy appears as several red circles on your minimap after it lights up Godzilla’s scales with an icy-blue glow. Just like a Precision Airstrike, it is best to avoid his line of fire; although he does not purposely target Operators, those who accidentally end up in his destructive path will have mere seconds before getting blasted.
Monarch Designation: KONG
Scientific Classification: TITANUS KONG
Height: 337 Feet
Known Attacks: Quake Slam, Fin Breaker, Aerial Axe Slash
Punch Strength: Approx. 4.2 M (Magnitude on Richter Scale)
Tensile Strength of Bone: 2,800 MPS (Megapascal)
Volume of Roar: Up to 170 dB
Top Arm Swing Speed: 62 MPH
Top Bipedal Running Speed: 78 MPH
Top Quadrupedal Running Speed: 104 MPH
Preferred Diet: Foliage, Bamboo, Mire Squid
The ruler of Skull Island is now all-powerful, his strength forged in the fire of combat, after decades of defending his territory from nature’s most dangerous creatures.
Kong has developed an epic brawler fight style, using quick feet, aerial traversal, and sheer feral strength to confuse and disorient his opponents.
Although his main domain is Skull Island, Kong is here on Caldera. Is he here to defend this island from Godzilla? Or did Godzilla sense him arriving in Caldera first as the true aggressor?
No matter the explanation as to why he is here alongside Godzilla, Kong will leap and jump around the island. His patterns could be considered predictable, but figuring out where he could land requires further on-the-ground research from Operators.
Kong does not mean to completely crush vehicles and Operators underneath his feet. With that said, merely brushing against Kong can put you in a downed state, so keeping a safe distance from him is a major key to survival.
Remember: Monarch’s organizational mission is “Discovery and Defense in the Time of Monsters.” Our goal is to fight alongside these monsters and live in harmony with them, and through the Operation Monarch mode, Operators can find a way to use their abilities to aid in their own survival.
At the beginning of an Operation Monarch match, and at another point during it, Kong and Godzilla may become enraged and recklessly attack.
This is known as a Titan Frenzy.
After receiving a Titan Frenzy alert, an Operator has two options: tactically withdraw (run away) from these dangerous creatures or attempt to suppress them by dealing direct damage.
The squad who deals the most damage to either Kong or Godzilla during a Titan Frenzy will automatically receive Monarch’s special S.C.R.E.A.M. Device. Runners-up will still earn Monarch Intel to count toward their special intel meter, whose final reward is a S.C.R.E.A.M. Device.
The Titan S.C.R.E.A.M. Device (Titan Sonic Communication Radar and Echolocation Array Module) is a prototypical device developed by Monarch that lets Operatives unleash the awesome power of Godzilla and Kong in battle.
In Operation Monarch, the S.C.R.E.A.M. Device is a is a Killstreak that grants its user one of two powers from the Titans: a Heat Ray breath from Godzilla or a ground pound from Kong.
Once the attack type is chosen, the Operator can direct it toward anywhere on Caldera. To avoid a barrage of attacks, and to protect the sensory nerves of our Protector Titans, multiple S.C.R.E.A.M. Devices cannot be used in rapid succession.
Like any other Killstreak, timing and location are two major factors to its effectiveness.
This event contains eight challenges — complete all eight to receive a special “Ancient Rivalry” Marksman Rifle Blueprint:
- Play Operation Monarch for 6 Hours: Reward — Epic “Ancestral Skull” Charm
- Use a Kong or Godzilla Killstreak Once: Reward — Rare “Ancient Remains” Charm
- Use a Kong or Godzilla Killstreak Three Times: Reward — Rare “Monarch Eyes Only” Charm
- Deal 500,000 damage to Titans: Reward — Rare “Concrete Jungle” Sticker
- Deal 135,000 total damage to Kong in Titan Frenzy Events: Reward — Legendary “Team Godzilla” Emblem
- Deal 135,000 total damage to Godzilla in Titan Frenzy Events: Reward — Legendary “Team Kong” Emblem
- Collect 3,000 Monarch Intel: Reward — Epic “Skyline Crasher” Calling Card
- Place in the Top 15 twelve times in the Operation Monarch Limited-Time Mode: Reward — Epic “One Will Fall” Spray
As for the purchaseable bundles, here’s what you can get from each of them:
- Tracer Pack: Godzilla Reactive Mastercraft Limited Time Bundle – The Tracer Pack: Godzilla Reactive Mastercraft Limited Time Bundle contains nine items, including a Legendary “Godzilla Ghillie” Operator Skin for Shigenori and its other marquee item: the Heroic “Breath of Godzilla” Mastercraft Weapon Blueprint.
Outside of shooting cool-blue tracer rounds, the “Breath of Godzilla” can be phenomenal against Kong. Its extended magazines and low recoil help deliver consistent damage over time without too much aim adjustment. Against a target that jumps and stomps around, being able to keep a weapon steady with little effort can be crucial to success during a Titan Frenzy.
The other weapon in this Bundle, the Legendary “Awakened Alpha” LMG, is an overall menace against squads and monsters. Use it within a few dozen meters of your target to get reliable damage output.
- Tracer Pack: Kong Limited Time Bundle – The Tracer Pack: Kong Limited Time Bundle, which includes a Legendary “Kong” Operator Skin for Wade and other items, is where you will find three Legendary Weapon Blueprints: the “Temple of Kong” Sniper Rifle and “Skull Island Shaker” SMG, both of which shoot jungle green tracers, and “Kong’s Scepter.”
While awesome, “Kong’s Scepter” has limited range and is more recommended to be used against Operators. Whereas the “Temple of Kong” and “Skull Island Shaker” are loaded with extended magazines and built to deal consistent damage to either Titan at a reasonable range.
Specifically, the “Temple of Kong” can be a great weapon against Godzilla. Given that he is off the shoreline, this weapon’s extended range helps an Operator output great damage at a distance. And as a Secondary Weapon via the Overkill Perk, the “Skull Island Shaker” helps keep nearby enemy Operators at bay during Titan Frenzy attacks.
- Tracer Pack: Mechagodzilla Limited Time Bundle – As much as we love Kong and Godzilla, we know the power of the Destroyer Titans and Apex Cybernetics combined can be enough to deal significant damage to the Protector Titans.
Whether you long for King Ghidorah’s return or just want to use the latest and greatest Apex technology for humanity’s sake, the Tracer Pack: Mechagodzilla Limited Time Bundle has two ranged weapons built for taking on Titans.
Both weapons feature rapid-fire attachments, with the “Cybernetic Destroyer” Assault Rifle able to pierce the thick defenses of Kong and Godzilla at midrange. The “Neural Uplink” SMG favors a bit more close-range action, for those unafraid to step up to beasts that stand over 300 feet tall or full squads that are distracted trying to “befriend” monsters.
Finally, Activision also revealed a couple of tips to help you in clashing with these legends tomorrow:
- 1. Map Around the Monsters. The Tac Map shows current monster positions, while the minimap shows their area of attack. Check these often, especially during Titan Frenzy events.
- 2. Scavenge for Intel. The Titan Frenzy event isn’t the only way to earn a S.C.R.E.A.M. Device. Watch out for Intel supply drops, and be sure to open Supply Boxes and scavenge enemy bodies for additional intel, which can add up to Killstreaks, Loadout Drops, and the S.C.R.E.A.M. device.
- 3. Remember: Resurgence Rules. Being eliminated during Operation Monarch does not necessarily mean death. If your squadmates are down due to enemies or monsters, stay alive until they redeploy.
- 4. High Capacity, High Damage. Kong and Godzilla may never die, but you better believe that they will take tons of damage from a weapon with a large magazine and damage per second. Consider planning your Loadout for max-damage capacity if your squad is aiming to win a Titan Frenzy… Or look around for some conveniently placed heavy weaponry.
- 5. Strike, then S.C.R.E.A.M. Participating in Titan Frenzy events is one of the quickest ways to get a S.C.R.E.A.M. Device. Keep targeting either monster to get rewards, and consider saving them until the final circles for maximum damage.
Call of Duty Warzone Operation Monarch arrives on consoles and PC tomorrow. Stay tuned here at MP1st for the complete patch notes once the new update drops!
Source: Call of Duty