Treyarch has once again rolled out a new Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 game settings update in time for the weekend! This one has a bunch of multiplayer bug tweaks, server updates, and even some weapon tweaks on PC!
Check out the full list of changes for today straight from Treyarch:
We’ve made the following updates to the game (Global):
- Resolved an issue that caused hitching when playing in Quads.
- Added a message to the Defeat screen to clarify that losses are not (and have not been) counted when losing a game that was joined in progress.
- Resolved an issue in Gun Game where the end-of-match screen would display “Top 3” even if the player was not in the Top 3.
- Players who unlock the Marksman Mastery Challenge will now receive the XP Reward.
- Resolved an exploit where Create-a-Class changes in Custom Games could be carried over into Public Matches.
- Added UI elements to help players find new items in their inventory.
- Added new playlist images in the Lobby for various Hardcore game modes.
- Resolved an issue where the game’s version number could overlap with the player name on various menu screens.
- Resolved a UI error message that occurred when Black Ops Pass owners skipped the prompt to redeem their bonus.
We’ve also made the following updates to the game on PC:
- Saug 9mm
- The Dual Wield Saug 9mm was extremely popular on PC, and needed further tweaks in addition to its hip-fire accuracy reduction in the weapon balancing update earlier this week.
- Dual Wield Operator Mod
- Further increased the hip-fire spread.
- Lowered the maximum damage falloff distance.
- Dual Wield Operator Mod
- The Koshka was sitting at the bottom of the sniper leaderboard in terms of performance on PC, so we’re giving it an edge to help it be competitive against the Paladin and Outlaw. With this change, each bolt-action sniper rifle now has a different one-shot kill zone.
- Moved one-shot kill zone from “head only” to “head and upper chest”.
- High Caliber
- Now grants a one-shot kill from the chest-up.
- While this weapon was already balanced differently for PC, we felt the Barrel Choke attachment still performed a bit too well outside of its intended range.
- Barrel Choke
- Reduced one-hit kill range.
- Resolved an issue causing UI elements to overlap in the Zombies menu.
- Resolved a visual issue that caused icons to duplicate when attempting to navigate the Create-A-Class menu with “Q” and “E”.
Note that the PC changes made today were already rolled out for consoles on Wednesday. Treyarch also clarified weapon balancing for consoles and PC.
For our PC players, we’d like to clear up any confusion around the state of weapon balancing on PC vs. console. The first phase of weapon balancing changes exclusive to the PC buildhas rolled out in today’s PC game update, including changes to the Saug 9mm Operator Mod, the Koshka sniper rifle, and the MOG-12 shotgun, and more weapon tuning changes to the PC meta are coming in a future update.
Finally, those in South America and South Africa experiencing low server populations, it’s due to an update for Blackout, and Treyarch is working to improve on it.
In other Black Ops 4 news, the community is in an uproar regarding the Black Market tiers and how hard it would be to even reach the max tier without paying or grinding for hundreds (!) of hours in the game.