Sledgehammer has shared the patch notes for this specific title update!
Activision has sent a press release out detailing the new stuff in the new event! Read about it below.
Just as we’ve reported earlier today, Sledgehammer Games has rolled out a new Call of Duty: WWII game update, and it has a lot of things included that should please WWII players. One of the key changes coming to the game, which, while it might not affect the gameplay directly, is how Supply Drops are handled.
Clocking in at 3.5GB on the PlayStation 4, Call of Duty: WWII update 1.11 brings the new Operation: Shamrock & Awe event, which means new weapons, new outfits and more! The gameplay tweaks for this Call of Duty: WWII update isn’t out just yet, but rest assured, the moment Sledgehammer releases it, we’ll update the post.
We’ve posted about it before, but just in case you need a refresher, here’s the new changes coming to how Call of Duty: WWII handles Supply Drops and rewards.
- Increased Number of Weapons & Premium Content per Update – We’re adding new ranged weapons, more cosmetic weapon variants, and themed uniforms with a commitment to double-down on these categories moving forward so you’ll be able to get more of the content you want.
- More Ways to Earn Weapons – We are offering a variety of paths to obtain the most-wanted weapons and weapon variants in-game as more will be made available via Orders and Contracts, in addition to existing Weapon Collections and Supply Drops.
- Lowered Duplicate Rates – We are reducing the frequency of duplicates you’ll receive within Supply Drops to deliver more new content in every drop.
- Rebalanced Category Reward Rates – This will ensure you are getting a wider variety of content categories within every drop, which will make the unboxing experience more satisfying (we heard you on what it feels like to get triple duplicate pistol grips).
- New Special Orders – We heard your feedback on certain weapons being available only via Common Supply Drops and how hard they are to get. We are moving these into Special Orders so that they are easier to access.
- New Categories of Items – You will have more ways to customize your solider and loadout with the introduction of weapon charms, camos, and reticles.
- Content Changes – We are removing gold foil calling cards, and won’t be adding new pistol grips to the loot pool.
- Armory Drops – We are adding a new Supply Drop type “Armory Drops” which will function a lot like Bribes but can be obtained for Armory Credits to provide yet another way to get the content you’re after.
Stay tuned for the official patch notes which we’ll post about ASAP.