According to CD Project Red, an approximate amount of 30,000 refund requests have been made, with them processing 95% of them so far.
Speaking during their latest earning call, CD Projekt Red reps commented briefly on the number of refunds that they have issued since the whole Cyberpunk 2077 launch debacle. The company stated that they have spent around $8.4 million PLN, which also includes the cost of processing such as bank fees.
According to CD Projekt Red, this equivalates to approximately 30,000 refund requests with over 95% of the payments being completed. The remaining below 5% still pending are being worked with banks, seeing that they are refunding users from all over the globe, the company states this is not a easy process for the remaining refunds. They didn’t state whether this was just digital copies (though likely) or if it also included physical returns and possible retail reimbursements.
It was announced earlier today that the company sold 13.7 million copies of Cyberpunk 2077, with a 3/4 of those sales accounting for digital copies. To put this into perspective, the amount of requested refunds to the amount of digital sales accounts for less than a 1% of purchases. Despite the major issues at launch and the game being pulled off the PlayStation Store, it seems that the amount of refunds is a relatively small one.