Behaviour Interactive has released the Dead by Daylight update 2.09 December 1 patch, which the studio calls the 4.4.0 update and introduces Chapter 18 content called the “Binding of Kin” into the multiplayer game.
Dead by Daylight Update 2.09 December 1 Patch Notes:
Features & Content
New Chapter: A Binding of Kin
- Added A New Killer – The Twins
- Added a New Survivor – Élodie Rakoto
- The Nightmare on Elm Street DLC is now available through the in-game store on the Nintendo Switch, Windows Store, Stadia, Playstation 5, and Xbox Series X|S. The full DLC will start to appear on each platform’s respective store shortly.
- Rite of The Ghost Face Daily Ritual has been simplified: “Mark 4 Survivors”.
- All Daily Rituals that were worth less then 30k bloodpoints are now worth 30k bloodpoints.
- Sabotage Ritual now requires 4 Hooks to be sabotaged.
- Blight’s Adrenaline Vial addon now makes Rush Tokens regenerate faster than in the previous release.
- Blight’s Soul Chemical addon has a new function: During a rush, the moment you enter the 16 meter radius around a Survivor who is repairing or healing, trigger a tremendously difficult Skill Check for that Survivor. Can activate once per Survivor per Rush. Does not trigger for a Rush starting within 16 meters of the Survivor.
- Visual updates to maps in Ormond and Junkyard.
- Visual update to the Hatch and Totem.
- Visual update on the Twins Lobby.
- Fixed an issue that caused the player Cloud ID to be missing from the ban message.
- Fixed an issue that caused daily rituals to be consumed even if the claim of bloodpoints for a completed daily ritual failed.
- Fixed an issue that caused unavailable Archives cosmetics to appear on the Feature Store section if all the cosmetics were already purchased.
- Fixed an issue that caused a short freeze when opening a chest.
- Fixed an issue that prevented survivors from being able to start unlocking a chest from its side.
- Fixed an issue that caused survivors to be able to steal items from chests opened by other survivors.
- Fixed an issue that caused the animation of mending another survivor to be missing.
- Fixed an issue that caused the animation of waking up another survivor to be missing.
- Fixed an issue that caused firecrackers not to destroy Hag traps.
- Fixed an issue that caused Hag traps auras not to be visible while they are being burned by a flashlight.
- Fixed an issue that caused survivors to be able to see through walls when using a flashlight and hugging the wall.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused killers to be stuck inside a generator after damaging it.
- Fixed an issue that allowed survivors to sabotage hooks through walls.
- Fixed an issue that allowed survivors to complete a sixth generator when failing a skill check while the fifth generator is completed.
- Fixed an issue that prevented killers from damaging a breakable wall after getting stunned while breaking the wall.
- Fixed an issue that caused notifications bubble not to appear when completing a generator inside a building in Badham Preschool.
- Fixed an issue that caused Nurse blinks to be unreliable around the Blood Lodge.
- Fixed an issue that caused the corrupted Pool of Devotion sound effect to be heard in the beginning of a match against the Plague.
- Fixed an issue that caused the camera to pan left before panning right when entering the title screen.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Hillbilly’s chainsaw to disappear during the pallet stun animation.
- Fixed an issue in windowed mode which made it sometimes possible to resize the window when rotating the camera while holding M1
- Fixed an issue which made exclusive cosmetics available to all
- Fixed an issue on various maps which showed extremely bright lighting in various colors
- Fixed an issue that may cause The Legion not to down survivors when hitting them while in Feral Frenzy when equipped with the Frank’s Mixtape add on
- Fixed an issue that caused the confetti of forth anniversary items to trigger in the tally screen
- Fixed an issue that caused invisible collisions on the stairs leading to the Killer Basement on the Hawkins National Laboratory map
- Fixed an issue that caused The Spirit to see flashlight beams during Yamaoka’s Haunting
- Fixed an issue that caused survivors’ camera to clip through the generator pole when repairing a generator
Xbox One only:
- Fixed a crash on Xbox One when trying selecting ‘View profile’ of a XSX account
- Fixed an issue where the players would run at a slower speed when looking in certain directions
- Victor may become stuck if he pounces on a locker with a healthy Survivor inside. Charlotte will be unable to search the locker until Victor is recalled.
The Twins’ perks:
- Coup de Grâce: Missing visual feedback when performing a modified lunge attack
- Hoarder: The notification does not always work when Survivors pick up items in the basement
- Hoarder: The perk currently does not lower the rarity of items found in chests
- Hoarder: The perk currently does not spawn 2 extra chests
- Appraisal: The perk grants the “Chest Unlocked” score event when performing the Rummage action
- Appraisal: Survivors keep rummaging through the chest for a brief moment after the action is completed
- Deception: The UI does not function as intended
- Deception: The feint locker animation may interfere with the rushed locker entry animation
- Deception: Various issues may occur when using the perk with high latency
- Power Struggle: The perk can’t be used while actively wiggling
- Power Struggle: The perk cannot be used immediately if the wiggle threshold was reached before wiggling
- Power Struggle: Stunning the killer with this perk will sometimes snap the killer to the other side of the pallet
- Power Struggle: Survivors may become stuck inside pallets after using Power Struggle
Changes from PTB
- Allow Victor to be recalled after having been on a survivor’s back for 45 seconds
- The Twins’ Spinning Top add on now causes the survivor to drop any held item when hit by Victor’s pounce attack
The Twins Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue that might cause Victor’s movement speed to be permanently reduced
- Fixed an issue that caused Victor to be unable to see the exit gate aura
- Fixed an issue that caused Victor to be able to see scratch marks left while Charlotte was controlled
- Fixed an issue that allowed Victor to pounce through the exit gate entity barrier
- Fixed an issue that allowed Victor to leap past the closed exit gates on some maps
- Fixed an issue that might cause Victor to be temporarily misaligned after latching on a survivor’s back
- Fixed an issue that caused Victor to remain stuck in the air if a survivor disconnects while Victor is on its back
- Fixed an issue that might cause Victor to be stuck when landing on chests
- Fixed an issue that caused survivor’s screens to turn completely black when The Twins use the Knock Out perk
- Coup de Grace: Reduced the values from 60/80/100% to 40/50/60%
Other PTB Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue that caused Appraisal’s Rummage’s action to be influenced by other perks affecting unopened chest unlock speeds
- Fixed an issue that caused the sound effect to be missing when entering a locker with the perk Deception
- Fixed an issue that caused the extra chests not to be spawned when using the Hoarder perk
- Fixed an issue that caused players to be able to perform an action when another character stands in front of the interactable object
- Fixed an issue that caused survivors to not have any dying animation when The Huntress hits them with an hatchet that put them in the dying state
- Fixed an issue that caused survivors failing a skill check not to be woken up from the Dream World when playing against The Nightmare
- Fixed an issue that caused Balanced Landing’s Haste effect not to display a timer
- Fixed an issue that caused The Trapper not to have any sound effects when stunned
- Fixed an issue that caused The Nightmare, The Hag, The Trapper and The Demorgorgon not to be able to place traps or portals inside the Blood Lodge
- Fixed an issue that caused a sound effect to play continually when holding a flashlight on a blinded killer’s face
Also of note, Behaviour announced that the Nightmare on Elm Street content is now available on all platforms today (except mobile), and should appear in the in-game store once you’ve downloaded and installed today’s patch.
Source: Dead by Daylight forums