Which class is the best in Destiny 2? Guardians can decide that for themselves with the Destiny 2 Guardian Games set for next week on April 21! This was announced by Bungie today along with a new trailer.
Each Guardian will receive a class item to adorn themselves while taking part in the competition and bronze, silver, and gold medals will be awarded daily. To earn medals, players will need to equip their new class item, defeat enemies, pick up laurels on the battlefield.
Bungie has addressed how the class population is heavily skewed to the Hunter class’ favor. To help offset this, medals will be weighted slightly per class to maintain an even playing field. Bungie won’t be fiddling with the numbers to force wins on alternate classes, as this is being done to ensure Hunters don’t win every medal each day given the sheer number of players using the class.
For the class items, schedules and more, head on below.
Now, about those class items. At daily reset, your Cloak, Mark, or Bond will update to reflect what placement your team has taken. As an example, if Titans took the “W” for day one, their Mark will update with a wonderful gold sigil. With Warlocks in second and Hunters in third, their class items would be updated to feature silver and bronze, respectively.
At the end of each event, daily placements will be combined for a final score. Depending on your team’s standings, your class items will be locked to their respective placements for the remainder of the year.
Each week, players will be able to accept a quest that will let them earn an Exotic Ghost Sell, one themed for each Guardian class. Guardians can complete this quest every week to get all three.
Additionally, a new Exotic Machine Gun will become available during this event. We look forward to seeing what mayhem this tool of destruction will inspire when you get it in your hands.
Players will be getting update 2.8.1 next week, and here’s the maintenance schedule for it:
LET THE GAMES BEGINNext week, Guardian Games kicks off with the release of Destiny 2 Update 2.8.1. Please see below for the rollout timeline.
- 9 AM PDT (1600 UTC): Destiny 2 service maintenance begins.
- 9:45 AM PDT (1645 UTC): Destiny 2 is taken offline on all platforms.
- 10 AM PDT (1700 UTC): Destiny 2 Update 2.8.0 begins rolling out across all platforms and regions. Players will be able to log back into Destiny 2 at 10:01 AM PDT.
- 10:01 AM PDT (1701 UTC): Destiny 2 is back online on all platforms; Guardian Games begins.
- 11 AM PDT (1800 UTC): Destiny 2 service maintenance concludes.
- For future release timelines when they are available, players should visit our Destiny Server and Update Status help article. For live updates as this maintenance occurs, players should follow @BungieHelp on Twitter or monitor our support feed at help.bungie.net.
Same as always, once the update is out, MP1st will be on hand to let our readers know ASAP!