Bungie will be celebrating Bungie Day next week on June 7 (7/7/2020), and while the studio has already mentioned that they are planning some “fun” stuff for Destiny 2 players, there’s also the Destiny 2 next update release date, which is set for Tuesday, and we have a preview of the changes incoming.
Destiny 2 next update release patch preview:
PATCH NOTE PREVIEW
Next Tuesday, we also have a patch going live in Destiny 2. Destiny 2 Update 2.9.1 will bring a slew of bug fixes to Season of Arrivals. Here are a few items to expect:
- Contact Events
- Fixed an issue where the “Heavy Hitters” Triumph was not progressing when defeating bosses.
- Fixed an issue where players could collect and bank 15 motes prior to unlocking the appropriate Prismatic Recaster rank reward.
- Contact Weapons
- Fixed an issue where Cold Denial and Falling Guillotine didn’t offer two perks in the final column when unlocking the “Umbral Enhancement III” gift on the Prismatic Recaster.
- Fixed an issue where Falling Guillotine could continue damaging enemies after the Heavy attack animation had completed.
- Sleeper Catalyst
- Fixed an issue where reissued Seraph weapons were not granting progress to Catalyst objectives.
- Last Wish and Garden of Salvation
- Updated gear to have Season of Arrivals Max Infusion Caps.
- Weekly Vanguard Bounties
- Removed Scorn, Cabal, Vex, and Fallen variations of Weekly Bounties from the Season of Arrivals pool.
Note that this is not the full patch notes, but just a preview of what’s coming next week.
As for Bungie Day, here’s what the studio had to share:
It’s no secret, we have a thing for the color blue. Slap on your favorite blue shader, grab a screenshot of your Guardian out in the worlds of Destiny 2, and tweet @Bungie with the tag #BungieDayFashionShow. We’ll retweet the winners on Bungie Day proper, and grant them the “Levante Prize” emblem for their troubles.
Fashion isn’t the only thing that’s on our minds. The artists of the Destiny community are some of the best, and we’re excited to see what you’ve got. Draw your Guardian, your favorite Vanguard, most feared raid boss, or whatever your heart desires that’s Destiny themed. Tweet @Bungie with the tag #BungieDayArtShow. Like the fashion show, we’ll retweet winners on Bungie Day and grant winners the “Aspect of Luminance” emblem.