Bungie has published the first This Week At Bungie of 2021! It looks like the studio has a ton to talk about this week, as we get updates and discussions on the Destiny 2 next update changes, changes on rewards, and even Destiny 2 Shatterdive and Fissures nerfs!
Update 1/19/21): For details on the January 19 patch that includes the nerfs, head on over here.
But first, before anything else, Bungie has confirmed that the next Destiny 2 update is hitting next week with update 3.0.2! This is set to go out with the next Destiny 2 maintenance which is scheduled for January 19! Head on below for the full schedule and resolved issues coming with the 3.0.2 patch.
- January 14, 10 AM PST (1800 UTC): Destiny 2 background maintenance for Update 3.0.2 begins.
- January 14, 2 PM PST (2200 UTC): Destiny 2 background maintenance for Update 3.0.2 completes.
- January 19, 8 AM PST (1600 UTC): Destiny 2 maintenance for Update 3.0.2 begins.
- January 19, 8:30 AM PST (1630 UTC): Players are removed from activities and won’t be able to log back into Destiny 2 until 9 AM PST when Update 3.0.2 is available.
- January 19, 9 AM PST (1700 UTC): Destiny 2 Update 3.0.2 is rolled out across all platforms and regions. Players can log back into Destiny 2 at this time. Ongoing maintenance is expected to conclude at 10 AM PST.
- January 19, 10 AM PST (1800 UTC): Destiny 2 maintenance is expected to conclude.
- Hive bosses, In Ananh, Brood Queen and Xillox, were not counting as Hive boss kills in bounties.
- Some players couldn’t respawn if they died during the boss fight of the Inverted Spire strike.
- Players could get out of environment in several Crucible maps.
- Some quest items were not dropping in the Moon Freeroam activity. This prevented completion of several “Essence” quests, such as Essence of Rage, Essence of Insanity, and Essence of Servitude.
- The Unrelenting perk was not triggering health regeneration.
- MIDA Multi-Tool’s catalyst wasn’t dropping from Competitive Crucible wins.
- Taken Psions were replicating too rapidly in some Prophecy dungeon encounters.
- Garden of Salvation flawless completions were not awarding the “Inherent Perfection” Triumph.
- The High Celebrant sometimes wouldn’t take damage nor go to the Ascendant Plane.
- Fixed an exploit where players could have “Shelter From the Storm” permanently applied in the Deep Stone Crypt raid.
- Fixed an issue where Cloudstrike hits on the Divinity cage counted as two precision hits.
- Fixed an issue where the Grandmaster Nightfall timer was set to 30 minutes.
- Fixed an issue on PlayStation 5 preventing clan rosters from loading.
TAKING A PASS: REVENANT SHATTERDIVE & FISSURES
Tomo: Over the holiday break we saw Trials go live, and with that a wealth of valuable feedback from the community. Along with this feedback, we have been tracking data from Trials and identified some short-term changes, as well as more mid-term goals we are focusing on in the coming weeks and months.Short term goal: Address outlier Stasis abilities to keep subclass decision making interesting.
- Reduce the potency of Shatter Dive + Whisper of Fissures against Guardians, going live with Update 3.0.2.
- Now has damage falloff vs. unfrozen targets
- Max range damage reduced from 50 to 5
- Damage reduction during ability reduced from 50% to 25%
- Whisper of Fissures
- Reduced max-min damage vs. non-super players from 42-22 to 30-4
- Reduced max-min damage vs. super players from 42-22 to 16-2
- Reduced detonation radius vs. players from 10m to 9m
- Investigate the efficacy of the Stasis Titan Behemoth Super. We want to let the above change settle to see where the Behemoth stands in our PvP hierarchy, but this is next on our radar.Mid-term goal: Improve PvP subclass usage and win-rate balance.
- Addressing Stasis ability outliers will help us lower the ceiling, but we also want to pull up other underperforming Light subclasses.Mid-term goal: Review our ability-to-gunplay balance in PvP.
- Destiny is a game about both explosive space magic moments and intrinsically satisfying gunplay. Especially in our 3v3 playlists, the usage of abilities has climbed as we introduce more and more ways to charge them quickly.
- We’re still in very early discussions, but we’re looking into restoring a better balance where proper gunplay is rewarding in these playlists.
For changes to the rewards, tokens and more, head on overe here.
Once the patch drops, we’ll be sure to let our readers know. If you’re playing Destiny 2 this week and hopping in to some PvP action, check out the complete list of Destiny 2 Trials of Osiris rewards this week!