While Bungie has already talked about the Destiny Content Vault (DCV) and what will change in terms of activities, Bungie is explaining how the Destiny 2 Triumphs rework will be once November 10 rolls around.
Destiny 2 Triumphs rework explanation:
- Provide pursuits for all players.
- Provide seasonal pursuits that match each Season of Destiny.
- Provide destination pursuits for each new destination in Destiny.
- Ensure everyone can show off their accomplishments.
- Make all Triumphs have a score.
- Make sure it’s clear what happens when content goes into the DCV.
AN EVOLVING SET OF TRIUMPHS FOR AN EVOLVING WORLD
- Reorganize Triumphs to make them more compatible with our evolving world.
- Create a Career Score that that represents the totality of what you’ve done in Destiny 2.
- Create an Active Score, for the things that can be done now in the live game.
- Focus our generic Triumphs into a leaner lifetime set, that covers the basics of being a Guardian.
- Organize the rest of Triumphs around Seasons and destinations.
- Track the history of what you’ve done as Legacy Triumphs.
- Beyond Light will include a set of Triumphs that targets this year’s destination, Europa.
- These Triumphs all have score.
- They include the content on the destination (story missions, strike, raid, Lost Sectors, and, yes, even some secrets).
- There will be a Set of Triumphs that targets Season 12’s content.
- The Triumphs will all have score.
- We like the pattern of rewarding Seasonal currency for completing these Triumphs, and will continue to do so.
- These Triumphs will stick around for as long as the Seasonal content does.
- While active, seasonal Triumph score will still contribute to your active score.
- When the Seasonal content is no longer available, the Seasonal set moves under Legacy Triumphs.
- They no longer contribute to your Active Score.
- They will still contribute to your Career Score.
- The Lifetime set will be about teaching players all the things you can do in Destiny.
- These will mostly target new players as they join our ranks.
- They will focus on helping players explore Destiny’s sandbox and game modes.
- If new systems are added to the game, this pool will grow.
YOU KEEP SAYING ‘LEGACY TRIUMPHS.’ WHAT IS THAT?
- For this year:
- In game, we’ll remember your total Triumph score and display it on the updated Triumphs screen.
- In game, we’ll remember every Triumph that contributed to a Seal and display them under Legacy Triumphs.
- In game, we’ll let you browse through the Seals under Legacy Triumphs.
- You’ll be able to equip the Titles you’ve earned going forward.
- We’ll have a demonstration set targeting the Leviathan that shows how this works.
- We’ve stored the completion state of every Triumph you’ve finished (or not) even for Triumphs no longer displayed in game. Work is ongoing to flesh out the categories those Triumphs live in.
- Going forward, when content moves to the Destiny Content Vault, Triumph sets that are no longer earnable will become Legacy Triumphs.
- Legacy Triumphs will contribute to your Career Score, but not your Active Score.
WHAT ABOUT THE THINGS THAT CAN STILL BE EARNED AFTER NOVEMBER 10?
- We’ll break out the Luna, Dreaming City, Tangled Shore, EDZ, and Nessus Triumphs into their own destination sets, and keep them available and contributing to your Active Triumph score.
- We’ll move your progress into any Triumph that still exists.
- In some cases, we’ve reduced the size of the Triumph sets to make this easier to understand for new players (Gambit, Crucible, Vanguard).
- In other cases, we’ve increased the size of the set and added rewards (Lifetime set).
DOES THIS MEAN SOME SEALS MAY NO LONGER BE EARNABLE?
- Earnable in Beyond Light:
- Crucible – Unbroken
- Gambit – Dredgen
- Flawless – Flawless
- Conqueror – Conqueror
- Shadowkeep – Harbinger
- Garden of Salvation – Enlightened
- The Dreaming City – Cursebreaker
- The Last Wish – Rivensbane
- Beyond Light – [redacted]
- Season 12 – [redacted]
- Moved to Legacy in Beyond Light (and no longer earnable):
- A Shadow Rises – Shadow
- Reckoner – Reckoner
- Black Armory – Blacksmith
- Destinations – Wayfarer
- Lore – Chronicler
- Season 5 through Season 11 titles
WHAT WERE YOU SAYING ABOUT MEDALS, CATALYSTS, AND LORE MOVING?
- Medals and catalysts will now have their own sections to make them more visible and easier to keep track of.
- Lore will also have its own section and a brand-new UI to show off the book covers and improve the reading experience.
- All lore up through Season of Arrivals will be available to all players. The game will still show how many of the pages you earned, but everyone will be able to read everything now.
- So if you want to see X out of X pages earned – go earn any missing lore pages before the end of the season as well.
- New lore will be unlocked through Triumphs going forward and eventually made available to everyone when they become Legacy Triumphs.
Also of note, Bungie has announced that the Iron Banner is returning next week! Here’s the schedule:
Iron Banner and Bonus Valor
Begins: 10 AM PDT on September 8
Ends: 10 AM PDT on September 15
In other Destiny 2 news, don’t forget to check out today’s Trial of Osiris rewards! Bungie has also given us our first look at the Warlock Shadebinder and Titan Behemoth subclasses being introduced in Beyond Light.