Bungie is set to release a somewhat notable patch next week called Destiny 2 update 3.3.1, and to notify players in advance they have released a post containing all of the anticipated patch notes. Head on down below to check what’s new in this latest patch for Destiny 2.
Destiny 2 upcoming update 3.3.1 preview:
What’s in the Patch Notes?
- Increased drop chance for an Adept Nightfall weapon from a Platinum Grandmaster Nightfall to 100%.
- While this will not guarantee perfect perk combinations on every drop, players may now expect to receive an Adept reward when overcoming the challenge of Grandmasters, even on the hardest of weeks.
- Reduced the knockback buff from the “Sedia’s Durance” activity modifier on Nightfall difficulty from +40% knockback to +20% knockback, which may help a few of you complete Grandmaster difficulty.
- Removed an Unstoppable Phalanx Champion from the Ransack Ogre encounter.
- During the Ransack Ogre encounter, an Unstoppable Phalanx Champion would spawn in the Ascendant Plane when the Ogre boss reached 50% health.
- That Champion was easy to miss, and you couldn’t backtrack there to defeat it once you killed the Ogre.
- After this Champion ruined hundreds of Platinum completion attempts, we’ve snapped it out of existence.
- It’s gone.
- It will never see the light of day again.
- That’s what it deserves.
- Fixed an issue that blocked completion of The Corrupted Nightfall scoring Triumph.
- Updated the sign-on experience to show a single toast after character select if you have one or more pending Bungie Friend requests instead of a unique toast for every pending request.
- The experience when receiving a new Bungie Friend request while playing the game has not changed.
- Known Issue: This notification toast may appear blank for some players, but no invites are affected. This issue is already being investigated.
- Player search UI now has audio feedback.
- Fixed a bug where the text chat auto-hide setting could revert to the Season 15 default value of ”off” under various conditions.
- Fixed a bug where booting a fireteam member sometimes left a blank entry in the roster or fireteam UI.
- Fixed a bug where online roster contacts were not sorting alphabetically for friends and clanmates.
- Fixed a bug where blocking a player through a fireteam invite did not hide interaction options that are expected to fail when interacting with a blocked player.
The full list of patch notes are expected to become available on Tuesday around 10 AM Pacific. Stay tuned!
UPDATE 3.3.1On Tuesday, October 12, Destiny 2 is scheduled to undergo maintenance in preparation for Destiny 2 Update 3.3.1. Below is a timeline of events. Please note that times may be subject to change during this maintenance period:
- 9 AM PDT (1600 UTC): Maintenance begins.
- 9:45 AM PDT (1645 UTC): Players are removed from activities. Destiny 2 is brought offline.
- 10 AM PDT (1700 UTC): Update 3.3.1 will be available across all platforms and regions. Players will be able to log back into Destiny 2.
- 11 AM PDT (1800 UTC): Destiny 2 maintenance is expected to conclude.Below are some issues that are expected to be resolved. A complete list will be shared when the update goes live.
- Horror’s Least will no longer drop from the Corrupted Nightfall at zero power.
- The Bombardiers Exotic Hunter leg’s bomb detonations now deal damage to active Supers.
- Crashes will no longer be caused by opening the Appearance Customization screen with faction armor equipped.
- The Tether Time Nightfall Triumph can now be earned as intended.
- The Corrupted Nightfall Triumph for reaching a score of 100,000 is now rewarded as intended.
- The Wayfinder Compass’s inventory will now rotate with the daily reset.For more information, players should visit our Destiny Server and Update Status help article.KNOWN ISSUESWhile we continue investigating various known issues, here is a list of the latest issues that were reported to us in our #Help Forum:
- We’re aware of player reports claiming that Nothing Manacles isn’t working as intended. This is under investigation.
- If players abandon Wayfinder’s Voyage on step 19/53, they are unable to complete it when they reacquire it.
- Players may have to wait in the H.E.L.M. for a long period of times for lore to unlock after listening to radio messages.
- Step 42 of 53 for the Wayfinder’s Voyage quest tells some players in non-English regions to purchase the wrong unlock in the Wayfinder’s Compass. Players should purchase the Astral Attunement upgrade to advance this quest step, which is located on the bottom row on the far-right of the screen.
- Focusing certain attributes may not work if certain Ghost attribute mods are equipped.
- The Prophecy Dungeon’s Cottontail Shell’s ears no longer display color.
- Only four daily bounties appear in Spider’s inventory but the quest step during the Forsaken campaign requires five bounties.
- Certain ability combinations can cause a Bow to become invisible in a player’s hands. Firing the Bow will resolve this issue.
That’s about it for the patch preview. Stay tuned with us here at MP1st next week, October 12, for the full patch notes for Destiny 2 update 3.3.1.