Future PlayStation 4 owners who could not attend this year’s Blizzcon and will be happy to hear what Blizzard is cooking up with Reaper Of Souls, Diablo 3’s first expansion pack.
PlayStation 4 owners will be able purchase a special edition of Diablo 3 called the ‘Ultimate Evil Edition’ some time in 2014. It comes packed with the Reaper Of Souls DLC and will launch along side the release of expansion itself . The Ultimate Evil edition is set to include the following goodies and features:
- The complete adventures of Act I-V, which takes players from the besieged town of New Tristram to the ancient halls of the Pandemonium Fortress
- Six powerful character classes to choose from: Barbarian, Demon Hunter, Monk, Witch Doctor, Wizard, and the all-new Crusader
- Newly designed loot system and offline gameplay mode designed to take advantage of the fast-paced action of the console platform
- Hardcore mode for players who seek the thrill of constant peril that comes with the possibility of permanent death for their character
- Direct character control and new DUALSHOCK®4 functionality such as color-coded player indicators for same-screen coop and touch pad shortcuts to keep players in the action
- Seamless cooperative play featuring four-player online co-op and four-player local co-op games
- PlayStation Network support, which will allow you to connect with friends, send game invitations, and access voice chat
- Customize your hero’s appearance and augment your items’ power with a new artisan, the Mystic
- Battle a new menagerie of fiendish monsters slavering for the chance to feast upon Sanctuary’s heroes
- Never stop exploring with Adventure Mode, where all waypoints are unlocked—the world is your battlefield
- Engage in Nephalem Rifts, formerly known as Loot Runs, to test your mettle in 10-20 minute dungeons consisting of randomized areas, monsters, and bosses
- Take on Bounties for fun and rewarding objective-based challenges
Those who will be making the jump from PlayStation 3 to PlayStation 4 will be able to do a one-time file transfer and bring all of your demon slaying characters with you to the next-generation, according to the Playstation Blog.
Additionally, to spice up the game even more, Blizzard will be adding a few more gameplay features such as ‘Avenger Kills’. This feature will essentially allow players to avenge any fallen friends who were killed by any of Diablo 3’s creatures by teleporting that creature through a portal leading into your game where they will attempt to hunt you down as well.
At the moment, there’s no plan for the Avenger Kills feature to make it to the PC version, but according to production director John Hight, there’s always a possibility that it will.