Though the Diablo 4 beta has come to a close, it seems as though the game was a success by quite a few metrics, according to Blizzard’s data. The Diablo 4 beta stats revealed that the game had over 61.5 million hours played across the beta weekends, with a record #1 viewership rank on Twitch when it was live.
- Related Reading: Diablo 4 Beta Hands-On Impressions – A Return to Sanctuary
Diablo 4 Beta Stats:
Here’s the full set of statistics if you’re interested:
- Over 61.5 million hours played (equivalent of over 7,000 years) across both weekends. The most hours played in a Diablo Beta ever.
- Diablo IV ranked #1 on Twitch during the Beta weekend as we saw a huge influx of players excited to dive into Sanctuary and were eager to share their adventure with viewers – who tuned in in droves.
- Over 2.6 million Beta Wolf Pack Cosmetics were earned by players reaching level 20 which can take on average 2-4 hours to achieve.
- Over 29 billion monsters were slaughtered. There are many vile and hellish creatures in the world of Diablo IV from demons to vampires, and players in our Beta didn’t hold back.
- Over 46 million players were slain. The minions of Hell sometimes get the upper hand in the dark world of Diablo IV!
- Sorceress rose to the top as the most popular class chosen surpassing Rogue, Druid, Barbarian, and Necromancer which came in second place.
- The World Boss Ashava was slain by teams of players over 100,000 times. World Bosses are some of the most difficult enemies to defeat in Diablo IV, so it takes a lot of effort and coordination to overcome them.
- In comparison, over 10 million players were slain by Ashava in her act of revenge.
- While it was thought that no one player could dare stand up to this deadly World Boss alone, a single brave adventurer nearly conquered Ashava all on their own!
- The bloodthirsty and iconic Diablo boss, The Butcher, was defeated over 570,000 times by players. We are impressed – The Butcher is extremely dangerous and cunning, and running into him is almost guaranteed death.
- The Butcher got the last laugh though by slaying over 1.7 million players.
Some of the statistics shown here are fairly interesting, including 100,000 Ashava kills, as the world boss only spawned a set number of times over the beta weekends. Sorceress ended up at the top of players’ choice when it came to classes, with Necromancer as second despite it only being added during the second open beta weekend.
With lots of engagement from the Diablo community and beyond, a lot of eyes are on the ARPG as Blizzard attempts to fix the game’s beta issues before its launch. Diablo 4 releases on June 6 on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and PC.
I have to admit that’s impressive, i played the closed and open betas and really liked what i experienced.